Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V3 (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at that stage you should give it some minutes, the installer is not instant.

Were there any errors at the text portion of the boot process ?

Hi thank you but i started again went thru guide again
this time it worked wow great i must have typed something wrong last time
has to change maxmem thou

only two little bugs thou on boot the graphics get distorted a little then flash back to ok is this normail

also connected to av amp the text is not that sharp can this be adjusted ......

thanks in advance

and final can i use this guide to do this nuc too

http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/nuc/nuc-kit-d34010wykh.html

or what will i have to change thank you

again and for you time

Hi thank you but i started again went thru guide again
this time it worked wow great i must have typed something wrong last time
has to change maxmem thou

only two little bugs thou on boot the graphics get distorted a little then flash back to ok is this normail

also connected to av amp the text is not that sharp can this be adjusted ......

thanks in advance

and final can i use this guide to do this nuc too

http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/nuc/nuc-kit-d34010wykh.html

or what will i have to change thank you

again and for you time

If you scroll to the bottom of the guide and read the section titled 'If Something Is Not Working As Expected' - and comply with it - I may be able to help you a little more.

The version 2 guide was reported as working on an i3 NUC with a few adjustments, but I can't say for sure if this one will work or not, since I don't own that hardware.

If you scroll to the bottom of the guide and read the section titled 'If Something Is Not Working As Expected' - and comply with it - I may be able to help you a little more.

The version 2 guide was reported as working on an i3 NUC with a few adjustments, but I can't say for sure if this one will work or not, since I don't own that hardware.

Sorry sure i have a read of the other guide
also Imessage and FaceTime is a no go is that correct

I have crucial 2x4gb sticks
Samsung evo SSD 256GB
no wireless less card not sure what will work

connected to by by hdmi to pioneer av amp to Sony 46" tv
wireless keyboard and mouse Logitech used
hope this helps thank you

Sorry sure i have a read of the other guide
also Imessage and FaceTime is a no go is that correct

I have crucial 2x4gb sticks
Samsung evo SSD 256GB
no wireless less card not sure what will work

connected to by by hdmi to pioneer av amp to Sony 46" tv
wireless keyboard and mouse Logitech used
hope this helps thank you

Well I think text on a 46" TV is always gonna look a bit blurred. You can set the output to the maximum resolution of the TV panel, but even so, it won't be perfect.

I suppose you could try connecting to the TV first, then from the TV to the amp ?

I don't use iMessage or Facetime here. There are several threads in the forums about them though. The guide is only to give you a starting point for your own personalised setup, which means having the hardware fully setup and configured.

A Dell DW1510 works OOB, although that is wifi-N only. But there are certainly lots of people reporting success with usb wifi adaptors.

:thumbup:

Will this guide work with the BOXD54250WYKH1?

This is my first hackintosh build, so forgive me if I seem to not understand. I followed the guide and got to step 7, selected USB and entered the following:
Code:
[COLOR=#FF0000]-v UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=0[/COLOR]
and
Code:
[COLOR=#FF0000]-v UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=0 [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]"Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32"[/COLOR]
(old Apple Cinema display)

Both times, it started working until I got a "system uptime in nanoseconds" and it stopped. I can borrow a 1080p display if that might help.

Hardware:
Intel NUC BOXD54250WYKH1
Crucial 16GB RAM
Crucial M500 120GB mSATA SSD
HGST Travelstar 5K1500 1.5TB HDD
Intel Network 7260.HMWG Wifi/Bluetooth
Apple Cinema Display(Model A1081, 1680x1050) connected via an mini-HDMI to DVI adapter
or
ASUS Model HV232 (1920x1080) via mini-HDMI to HDMI cable

Error screens: One, Two.

Will this guide work with the BOXD54250WYKH1?

This is my first hackintosh build, so forgive me if I seem to not understand. I followed the guide and got to step 7, selected USB and entered the following:
Code:
[COLOR=#FF0000]-v UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=0[/COLOR]
and
Code:
[COLOR=#FF0000]-v UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=0 [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]"Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32"[/COLOR]
(old Apple Cinema display)

Both times, it started working until I got a "system uptime in nanoseconds" and it stopped. I can borrow a 1080p display if that might help.

So follow the troubleshooting section at the end of the guide, highlighted in blue. That will tell you what to do.

done with the unibeast 10.10, worked great, done the update to 10.10.2, booting loop.

tried a few things, no luck.

any idea how it can be solved?

thank you. great work with the tutorial WonkeyDonkey, you're the man.

done with the unibeast 10.10, worked great, done the update to 10.10.2, booting loop.

tried a few things, no luck.

any idea how it can be solved?

thank you. great work with the tutorial WonkeyDonkey, you're the man.

Errm, as per the start of the guide, download 10.10.2 and install with that. These guides really are version specific.

oh know i did the new apple update which came out today

my nuc is stick in a reboot loop

it wont boot into login screen any more

boots to mac icon screen where i normally press enter

all its doing is reboot every time any ideas please

Same here. Thank you Carbon Copy Cloner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back