Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

I followed a number of different guides using bits from each. I'll try and put something together when I get the chance.

This would be really, really great! So far I've tried the following one:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...te-1010-final-usb-installer-updated-10162014/

But I could not even boot into clover (it goes straight to my Mavericks partition chameleon after booting from Yosemite Clover USB stick from BIOS).

You'll say: The install about clover is better for every update without problems? Hmm, yes many say that clover is better. I do not know why Wonkey not used the clover method.

Because it is my preferred method. You are free to use either.

Minihack produces the Clover style guide, I produce the Chimera one.

You know where to find my guide if you are reading this thread already.

Minihacks guide can be found here.

The best one to use is whichever works best for you.

I will give you the same advice as Minihack would though. Dont try to mix and match the two guides in the same install. Try them both if you wish, and the pick which is best for you and stick to it.

See my post, it's the exact same tutorial. It did not work for me. After selecting my USB from BIOS it boots into the USB, then after 1s it shows Chameleon screen from my mavericks installation (10.9.2 running chameleon, built with the tutorial from OP of thread we're currently in). Obviously some issue with the USB or simply my hardware configuration is not supported / causes clover to crash. I've tried 3 times re-formatting and re-building the installer usb stick with no success... I'll really consider making a donation to the forum (already helped me on my first build), I am so confused about this. I am 99% sure some further modification of kernel is required (kernel patching was also required to install mavericks, see guide in OP of thread we're currently in). I've literally tried close to 100 different combinations of boot flags when trying to boot from Unibeast 5.0.0 / 5.0.1 installer stick and it wont let me get into the installer :crazy: see the thread I created about this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...g-boot-into-unibeast-5-0-0-installer-usb.html

My Hardware for your reference:
Intel DZ87KLT-75K, ATX, Intel Z87 Express Motherboard
Intel i7-4770K
Nvidia geforce GT 640 OC

If you need more info, just let me know. Thanks in advance for your help!

See my post, it's the exact same tutorial. It did not work for me. After selecting my USB from BIOS it boots into the USB, then after 1s it shows Chameleon screen from my mavericks installation (10.9.2 running chameleon, built with the tutorial from OP of thread we're currently in). Obviously some issue with the USB or simply my hardware configuration is not supported / causes clover to crash. I've tried 3 times re-formatting and re-building the installer usb stick with no success... I'll really consider making a donation to the forum (already helped me on my first build), I am so confused about this. I am 99% sure some further modification of kernel is required (kernel patching was also required to install mavericks, see guide in OP of thread we're currently in). I've literally tried close to 100 different combinations of boot flags when trying to boot from Unibeast 5.0.0 / 5.0.1 installer stick and it wont let me get into the installer :crazy: see the thread I created about this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...g-boot-into-unibeast-5-0-0-installer-usb.html

My Hardware for your reference:
Intel DZ87KLT-75K, ATX, Intel Z87 Express Motherboard
Intel i7-4770K
Nvidia geforce GT 640 OC

If you need more info, just let me know. Thanks in advance for your help!

Doncroce,

This guide has been written specifically for the NUC, and is hardware specific. You have completely different hardware, and it is unlikely you will get satisfactory results for that reason.

Mixing Clover and Chameleon is also not a good idea.

Doncroce,

This guide has been written specifically for the NUC, and is hardware specific. You have completely different hardware, and it is unlikely you will get satisfactory results for that reason.

Mixing Clover and Chameleon is also not a good idea.

WonkeyDonkey I have used your guide to install Mavericks 10.9.2 on my Hardware (and I don't seem to be the only one. other users with exactly same hardware as me claimed your guide worked for them, see here for example: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...m-intel-dz87klt-75k-installing-mavericks.html). I got it right on the first try and it worked perfectly for the past 4 months or so without ANY issues (sound, network all working without zero issues).

Regarding mixing clover and chameleon, you are right it's not advisable to mix those. Therefore I have created 2 separate installer USB drives, one for Unibeast and one Clover installer method - as I will be performing a clean install on a fresh empty SSD it does not matter what bootloader I am currently using I think. However, both methods did not work as I said.

I'll of course stay tuned to any future tutorial for Yosemite you'll release and I'm hoping this time I'll also be able to get it working (even though we have not exactly the same hardware) - I am almost certain to this point that it will involve patching of the kernel.

WonkeyDonkey I have used your guide to install Mavericks 10.9.2 on my Hardware (and I don't seem to be the only one. other users with exactly same hardware as me claimed your guide worked for them, see here for example: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...m-intel-dz87klt-75k-installing-mavericks.html). I got it right on the first try and it worked perfectly for the past 4 months or so without ANY issues (sound, network all working without zero issues).

Regarding mixing clover and chameleon, you are right it's not advisable to mix those. Therefore I have created 2 separate installer USB drives, one for Unibeast and one Clover installer method - as I will be performing a clean install on a fresh empty SSD it does not matter what bootloader I am currently using I think. However, both methods did not work as I said.

I'll of course stay tuned to any future tutorial for Yosemite you'll release and I'm hoping this time I'll also be able to get it working (even though we have not exactly the same hardware) - I am almost certain to this point that it will involve patching of the kernel.

Well I am pleased that it has worked in that circumstance; however, please remember I can not offer much in the way of support for hardware I dont own, so if something goes a bit wrong I will be unlikely to be able to get you up and running.

Did you follow a specific guide? If you did, it'd be awesome if you could post a link here. I am really struggling with my yosemite install and would love to give a clover-based install a try. Thanks in advance!
If you haven't already found it forum regular Minihack has posted a Clover guide for the Intel NUC, which has been updated tested for Yosemite. Give it a go.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...well-i5-4250u-nuc-boxd54250wykh1-8gb-ram.html

Just wanted to re-iterate what Wonkey Donkey has said - don't mix Clover and Chameleon/Chimera. While there are some similarities there are many more differences. So keep this thread clear of Clover and keep my build thread clear of Chimera and go with whichever one you feel happy with. If you are more comfortable with Chimera/Unibeast/Multibeast then I advise waiting for the updated guide by Wonkey Donkey......as a lot has changed with Yosemite. Kernel renamed and put in a different place and a few other "gotchas" along the way.

Wonkey Donkey and I have been there since the beginning with the NUC though, so the good news is that - whichever way you want to go - there will be someone there to help!

And as a final word from me on here, there would really be no disadvantage to waiting until 10.10.1 comes out before thinking of changing because at the moment some of the coolest Yosemite features are still not working (handoff/continuity etc) and by waiting you'll also give time for Apple to get rid of some of the bugs.

Thank You for Your work! Will patiently wait for the update. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back