Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

Hi WonkeyDonkey

Could you please get me the NUC Install Pack for OSX 10.10. I want to do a clean install. Thanks in advance.

There isn't one available yet.

I get to a point where the installer says 15 minutes remaining and the progress bar quickly goes to zero and I get the yellow exclamation point error:

Install Failed

OS X could not be installed on your computer

Running BIOS (0030). 2x4GB of G Skill Ripjaws memory - F3-1600C9D-8GRSL

Mavericks 10.9.0 and Unibeast 5.01

Followed all the instructions here to the letter.

You should probably follow the most recent version of the guide, using 10.9.5.

Hi,
I am late with my D54250WYK, but I hope someone is still reading this thread.

My system is equipped with a Crucial mSATA120GB and Crucial 4GB Memory CT5126BF160B (Single Stick). It is attached to an old iMac G5 display panel (those that can simply be changed to a DVI monitor) with 1680x1050. The monitor is connected via Thunderbolt Port and a TB2DVI Adapter.

The installation (10.9.5) went fine, followed all the steps in the guide until the end of section 6. Then, with section 7, the first boot from the mSATA SSD. This works fine, but I am stuck at this Bluetooth Message - the last one before it should switch to Graphics Mode. I understand that there are different IGPlatformIDs - tried the standard 0D220003, but also the other ones mentioned somewhere in the thread like 0166000A and 04260000 - nothing worked.

What I did not try is to reinstall Mac OS a second time; while the boot process seems to be working properly, I did not find a reason for this.

Can somebody tell me what to do now? Thx :)

Attachments

• IMG_6517.jpg
    IMG_6517.jpg
    993.9 KB · Views: 120

Hi,
I am late with my D54250WYK, but I hope someone is still reading this thread.

My system is equipped with a Crucial mSATA120GB and Crucial 4GB Memory CT5126BF160B (Single Stick). It is attached to an old iMac G5 display panel (those that can simply be changed to a DVI monitor) with 1680x1050. The monitor is connected via Thunderbolt Port and a TB2DVI Adapter.

The installation (10.9.5) went fine, followed all the steps in the guide until the end of section 6. Then, with section 7, the first boot from the mSATA SSD. This works fine, but I am stuck at this Bluetooth Message - the last one before it should switch to Graphics Mode. I understand that there are different IGPlatformIDs - tried the standard 0D220003, but also the other ones mentioned somewhere in the thread like 0166000A and 04260000 - nothing worked.

What I did not try is to reinstall Mac OS a second time; while the boot process seems to be working properly, I did not find a reason for this.

Can somebody tell me what to do now? Thx :)

Its probably your monitor setup causing this. Nothing appears wrong on the software. Once it gets past the Bluetoooth message, thats normally when OSX is loading the graphics related stuff, even though sometimes people think otherwise.

Im not sure your exact setup though since this model NUC does not have thunderbolt at all, only mini-displayport. So if you ae using a real thunderbolt adapter, thats probably responsible.

Its probably your monitor setup causing this. Nothing appears wrong on the software. Once it gets past the Bluetoooth message, thats normally when OSX is loading the graphics related stuff, even though sometimes people think otherwise.

Im not sure your exact setup though since this model NUC does not have thunderbolt at all, only mini-displayport. So if you ae using a real thunderbolt adapter, thats probably responsible.

Thanks for this. I tried it with another monitor (a Samsung 47" TV set) and also with HDMI output instead of the Mini Displayport (actually was not aware that it is not a real Thunderbolt port). I used a Mini-HDMI-to-HDMI Adapter.

EDIT: Solved the problem by starting in safe mode (-x, nothing else). The GUI started and I was able to finish the Multibeast configuration. Since then everything was fine. Thx for your help and of course for this great AIO guide.

Some notes on the installation: My DCPI Manager showed messages that are very different from the Guide. I never saw the posted Code in the Log. However, Audio is fully working.

There is one last open issue. Looking at the console window I see crash on WiFiKeychainProxy every few seconds. WiFi is not working, and the crash even appears without any half-height WiFi card inserted. Is this a known problem or can I fix it in some way?

You should probably follow the most recent version of the guide, using 10.9.5.

I only have the 10.9.0 media and it looks like everything Mavericks related has been removed from the App Store. Only 10.10 now. Off topic... Is there a way to patch the 10.9.0 media to 10.9.5 using the combo update?

I only have the 10.9.0 media and it looks like everything Mavericks related has been removed from the App Store. Only 10.10 now. Off topic... Is there a way to patch the 10.9.0 media to 10.9.5 using the combo update?

If you have downloaded it once from the AppStore, Mavericks is still in the list of your purchases and you can download the latest version. Made a download last weekend to create my own Boot stick.

Can some update the complete step by step guide like Version 3 with Mavericks .. For Novice people like me .. Thanks

Lastly Can some one also include Broadcom BCM4352HMB 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi Adapter
AND
Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
Drivers in the lastest update too

Thanks a million :)

If you have downloaded it once from the AppStore, Mavericks is still in the list of your purchases and you can download the latest version. Made a download last weekend to create my own Boot stick.

It shows up in my purchases. I go to download and I get a 1004 error. I've tried some of the suggested solutions for the 1004 App Store error to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back