Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s V2!

Nikstar, thanks for that! It solved my problem. So I now confirm the 4330s working fine with the DSDT file made by bkkribs's guide's auto patcher. Only you need to press Fn+F3 at logon screen for Light To Be. ;)
nikstar said:
mistseeker said:
Okay, I can officially confirm that the 4530s DSDT file created with Autopatcher doesn't work on my 4330s. I tried it twice. The result was a black screen without kernel panic during booting, just before the login screen. Had to boot in safe mode and remove the .aml from /Extra.
If you can somehow direct me to a good guide to create my own .aml file, I will try to create it myself, test it and upload it here.

Did you boot with battery power when you installed that DSDT file?
Because for all of us that we are using DSDT's we have a small issue when we are booting our 4530's with battery power, will result a black screen. Actually is the brightness that is turned off, all the way down.
By increasing the brightness (Fn + F3) the "light" cames up :D

Well I think maybe I can't boot from the hd without rboot because I did a hard drive swap, but since it's no big deal really i'll just put up with it :beachball:

Dewitts said:
Thank you Jimmy Sticks I NOW HAVE WIFI!!!! :) :)

I'm having problems trying to use the chameleon wizard gerard71 gave me last night, it tells me it can't download the files required, please make sure you're connected to the internet and try again.

Well i'm posting on the net so i'm pretty sure it works..
Anyone else had this problem?

What exactly did you do?

glad to know the patcher works on the 4330s!

Dewitts said:
well I can now boot with -v -f without a panic but I lose trackpad function.. common problem?
I'm also giving chameleon wizard used by gerard71 a try right now

Yeah I had the same issue when booting with Chimera. Chameleon does not have that issue.

Try this instead.

Attachments

• Chameleon-2.1svn-r1573.pkg.gz
    1.6 MB · Views: 89

mistseeker said:
Nikstar, thanks for that! It solved my problem. So I now confirm the 4330s working fine with the DSDT file made by bkkribs's guide's auto patcher. Only you need to press Fn+F3 at logon screen for Light To Be. ;)

This is need it, only if you boot without power supply pluged in.
The way that the MacOsX control the brightnes at the MacBook Pro cause this small issue, because at macbook pro the lowest step at the brightness controll has some light, but in our 4530s, the lowest step is at the off position.
(the off position is for the fluorescent lamps, not the LCD, because if you put a flashlight at the screen you can see your desktop or your log in screen depending at your settings)

I have a stable running system, everything that should work works, except the cache gets rebuilt on every boot. I have a patched DSDT, the latest Chimera, the boot.plist has -v in it. Why does it boot like "-f" every time?

Hey guys I am having the same problem as Dewitts and what jimysticks used to have. I used blueking 4530 2.3.2 pack and I have a KP and when I try to boot in Safe (-x) or with Rboot LE and I get a KP or a frozen Blue screen or I get to the Lion Login screen and have no mouse or keyboard function even with usb. Should I go into the terminal or just reinstall Lion because I already have a separate Installer partition. I also have not used the DSDT auto-patcher because I cannot get the Ethernet to function to download JRE.
Take it easy guys,
Steve

Guys i've installed successfully my 4530s to a friend but i had an SSD instead of a HDD (the 640GB one). I read 20 pages back about a solution to boot with it. can you link me that?

I actually can reach chimera and the boot stops at "DSMOS has arrived" Without a kernel panic. Withou -x it keep spinning the logo without any confirmation about KP or anything.

Tried also with a pendrive.

DSDT already fixed and configured correctly, everything works.

blueking said:
Dewitts said:
Thank you Jimmy Sticks I NOW HAVE WIFI!!!! :) :)

I'm having problems trying to use the chameleon wizard gerard71 gave me last night, it tells me it can't download the files required, please make sure you're connected to the internet and try again.

Well i'm posting on the net so i'm pretty sure it works..
Anyone else had this problem?

What exactly did you do?

glad to know the patcher works on the 4330s!

Downloaded Jimmy sticks alternative IO80811 kext
cutting1 said:
Hey guys I am having the same problem as Dewitts and what jimysticks used to have. I used blueking 4530 2.3.2 pack and I have a KP and when I try to boot in Safe (-x) or with Rboot LE and I get a KP or a frozen Blue screen or I get to the Lion Login screen and have no mouse or keyboard function even with usb. Should I go into the terminal or just reinstall Lion because I already have a separate Installer partition. I also have not used the DSDT auto-patcher because I cannot get the Ethernet to function to download JRE.
Take it easy guys,
Steve

I have to boot with the flag -F note NOT -f but -F on rboot

blueking, i read your guide on another forum... don't want to get in trouble by mentioning the other site, but it's infinite.

my question is, after doing this command sudo cp -r /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion/Extra /, it asks for a password and then appears to do nothing. is that all there is to it, or is there supposed to be some dialog to confirm what needed to be done got done. if i type it again, i get a sudo usage help dialog.

i got kernel panic after i did multibeast, i read some other users posts and am thinking that is maybe cause of chimera bootloader, reinstalling now going to try chameleon this time. any help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back