Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s V2!

Wi-fi is not perfect. It will not work with my school's wireless network (University of Washington) perfectly. It works in one library but not in many places even though everyone around me is connected... and my phone will connect too. It gets an IP address, does DHCP stuff, but I can't connect to anything. :( Tried firefox and chrome.

Internet works fine. Go check your settings. Reset them maybe. But it definitly works.

And yeah, to whoever has the 4330s and had the black screen, stupid on my part, hit fn and page up

blueking said:
Internet works fine. Go check your settings. Reset them maybe. But it definitly works.

And yeah, to whoever has the 4330s and had the black screen, stupid on my part, hit alt and page up

What settings are there to check? They're all on DHCP, automatic stuff, et cetera.

Make sure nothing looks odd. Hit renew lease. Disconnect and reconnect. Everything.

What's up guys. Sounds like there is a lot of success on this thread. I was wondering if anyone with the 4530 who has working LAN and Wifi could send me their IONetworking and any other working network kexts. I am running 10.7.1 on a probook 4430 with i5 2400m HM65 Intel Chipset with Realtek PCI and Atheros Bluetooth wireless. I have tried Linux2Mac's new kext and it doesn't work for me. I am also booting with Chimera 1.5.4 any help would be so appreciated.
Thanks,

Steve

Did you use my installer? If so, you need to remove the official kext. Then the lnx2mac one will work.

Did you try running just the installer though, and no other kexts? That should work.

But it detects the networks and connects succesfully?

What ip does it give you?

Also, people that tried the way to use my pack but increase performance with the mkext, try just deleting the mkext and see if it still does the same (but it won't show battery percentage, but we can fix that.)

I wonder if that kext does even get loaded. As we use the cache, it technically is supposed to ignore the /extra folder in terms of extensions. So I wonder if it is just that that kext slows it down.

Someone ought to simply remove that kext.

EDIT: Also, how are you testing? XBench? It freezes for me when it gets to thread test computation I guess. Or what are you testing?

I got a regular IP, etc. Apparently I can't get any HTTP traffic going. The networking guy at my school said my TCP/IP stack is kinda screwed up. He said he can't help and troubleshoot more over the phone because A) He's not a super mac guy and B) He'd need to be there to try more.

It's definitely something on the OS X end. Something to do with the driver probably and something to do with having multiple access points all named the same? Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back