Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s V2!

Dewitts said:
Well I think maybe I can't boot from the hd without rboot because I did a hard drive swap, but since it's no big deal really i'll just put up with it :beachball:

Just use time machine to backup to external drive, then boot the lion installer again format the drive and use the restore with time machine util on the lion installer.

Before you format make sure you check the time machine util is working on the installer, I had to copy my /Extra to the installer usb drive before it would work. Before that it kept saying I needed to reboot and use some setup tool.

EDIT: Otherwise u can just reinstall/patch install kexts etc, then use the migration assistant to copy your apps/docs back.

kanodogg said:
blueking, i read your guide on another forum... don't want to get in trouble by mentioning the other site, but it's infinite.

my question is, after doing this command sudo cp -r /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion/Extra /, it asks for a password and then appears to do nothing. is that all there is to it, or is there supposed to be some dialog to confirm what needed to be done got done. if i type it again, i get a sudo usage help dialog.

i got kernel panic after i did multibeast, i read some other users posts and am thinking that is maybe cause of chimera bootloader, reinstalling now going to try chameleon this time. any help appreciated.

Can't offer support on it. This method works better anyways.

cutting1 said:
Hey guys I am having the same problem as Dewitts and what jimysticks used to have. I used blueking 4530 2.3.2 pack and I have a KP and when I try to boot in Safe (-x) or with Rboot LE and I get a KP or a frozen Blue screen or I get to the Lion Login screen and have no mouse or keyboard function even with usb. Should I go into the terminal or just reinstall Lion because I already have a separate Installer partition. I also have not used the DSDT auto-patcher because I cannot get the Ethernet to function to download JRE.
Take it easy guys,
Steve

Don't boot -x

blueking said:
kanodogg said:
blueking, i read your guide on another forum... don't want to get in trouble by mentioning the other site, but it's infinite.

my question is, after doing this command sudo cp -r /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion/Extra /, it asks for a password and then appears to do nothing. is that all there is to it, or is there supposed to be some dialog to confirm what needed to be done got done. if i type it again, i get a sudo usage help dialog.

i got kernel panic after i did multibeast, i read some other users posts and am thinking that is maybe cause of chimera bootloader, reinstalling now going to try chameleon this time. any help appreciated.

ok, i installed it using this method, and it looks like everything is working fine except for kernel panics i get when coming out of sleep... weird.

Well then you're good! Also, guys, does bench run for you all? It freezes for me!

Somebody have fixed working DSDT for HP 4530S i5-2430M HD3000 ?
I can't figure out USB to working. Just usb keyboard and mouse.

Just use this dsdt autopatcher in the pack.

Thanks Dewitts -F forced a boot and now a standard verbose boot with Chimera works. blueking, I used your updater and reinstalled the newest Linux2Mac Realtek pkg after I deleted my IONetworking Kext and I still don't have LAN. Are there any other kexts to remove or add such as IOUserEthernet . I am going to try the last posted Chameleon on this thread and try and edit IO80211Family I hope it works.

gerard71 said:
this is not true windows sticker is under the battery you can use no matter what is put the cd windows windows number at the end you just install the same version of Windows that was causing a computer

lol my bad, never thought to look under the battery for it

Thanks for clarifiying that for me. There is a resason my symbol is noob. Okay I reinstalled my IONetworking kext and still no luck. I think the one I had was a downloaded kext so I don't have the original could I have your working one?
-Steve

zorlac said:
blueking said:
Sorry, v2 isn't a model. Its the guide. I'll take that out of the title. That laptop will work fine.

Hah ok I understand. Im gonna order it tonight. I didnt think I could find a decent laptop that could have OSX on it. I've had SL on my desktop for months working great, but to have it on a laptop would be fantastic. If it wasnt for this thread I found on a google search, I'd have ordered the Lenovo E520 instead.

Btw, does the 4530s include the Windows 7 DVD install, or is it one of those recovery deals where you either get a DVD or have to make one yourself? I ask because I need to dualboot W7 and Lion. I have W7 64bit DVD that I bought for my desktop, so I can I use that DVD and use the serial that comes with the 4530s?

I ask because I dont want all the crap that usually comes installed, its easier for me if I just do a clean install. I have the media, all legal of course (bought W7 from BestBuy when it came out). Just wanna do a clean install using my retail DVD and use the serial that comes with the laptop.

Anyway Im gonna start reading the entire thread to get a leg up, and when the laptop arrives I'll post progress reports on how it goes.

Good luck! Glad to have changed your mind! Read the useful links section for how to make a free (legal) install disc for windows to lose the crapware. But also to restore your backup so you don't have to type in the key.

kanodogg said:
zorlac said:
blueking said:
Sorry, v2 isn't a model. Its the guide. I'll take that out of the title. That laptop will work fine.

Hah ok I understand. Im gonna order it tonight. I didnt think I could find a decent laptop that could have OSX on it. I've had SL on my desktop for months working great, but to have it on a laptop would be fantastic. If it wasnt for this thread I found on a google search, I'd have ordered the Lenovo E520 instead.

Btw, does the 4530s include the Windows 7 DVD install, or is it one of those recovery deals where you either get a DVD or have to make one yourself? I ask because I need to dualboot W7 and Lion. I have W7 64bit DVD that I bought for my desktop, so I can I use that DVD and use the serial that comes with the 4530s?

I ask because I dont want all the crap that usually comes installed, its easier for me if I just do a clean install. I have the media, all legal of course (bought W7 from BestBuy when it came out). Just wanna do a clean install using my retail DVD and use the serial that comes with the laptop.

Anyway Im gonna start reading the entire thread to get a leg up, and when the laptop arrives I'll post progress reports on how it goes.

doesn't come with recovery discs.. nor does it have an option for you to make your own. the only way you can get the recovery dvd's is by calling HP, they charge 10 bucks a pop for them. and no, doesn't include the dvd of win7 either, also doesn't have the serial number/key sticker on the bottom of the laptop or anywhere else.

Read the useful links section for how to make a free (legal) install disc for windows to lose the crapware. But also to restore your backup so you don't have to type in the key.

gerard71 said:
cutting1 said:
Thanks Dewitts -F forced a boot and now a standard verbose boot with Chimera works. blueking, I used your updater and reinstalled the newest Linux2Mac Realtek pkg after I deleted my IONetworking Kext and I still don't have LAN. Are there any other kexts to remove or add such as IOUserEthernet . I am going to try the last posted Chameleon on this thread and try and edit IO80211Family I hope it works.

normal should not delete IONetworking. Kext is essential for the network what should be removed is in c EXTRA.KEXT kexts /

Extra.kext/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

is why we must remote

Linux2Mac or AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

not both simultaneously

This is correct. Sorry for not being clear.

EDIT: Gerard: So we need to install the pack. Then remove voodoo battery and jmicron kexts from extra.kext. Then from page 124, put extensions.mkext in /Extra. Reboot, and it works better?

Using xbench it looks no different. I get the same score essentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back