Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s V2!

Hm. Well I can't really say. We haven't done anything to wifi except add a device id so I'm not sure. Anyone else having problems?

TridenTBoy said:
I got a regular IP, etc. Apparently I can't get any HTTP traffic going. The networking guy at my school said my TCP/IP stack is kinda screwed up. He said he can't help and troubleshoot more over the phone because A) He's not a super mac guy and B) He'd need to be there to try more.

It's definitely something on the OS X end. Something to do with the driver probably and something to do with having multiple access points all named the same? Idk.

I had similar weird things happen to me on a fresh reinstall. At the time I was working on installing an atheros wireless card as well, so that could have been the issue.

Both my ethernet and wireless adapters were generating random ip addresses at the time.

one of the issues is that there is a RTL8.......kext (name similar to that, can't remember what it is) in /S/L/E/ extra.kext. You need to navigate into there and then right click and selecting show package and delete the RTL kext. after removing that kext, install lnx2mac using multibeast if you haven''t done so already and then repair permissions and restart.

that should hopefully fix ethernet.

another thing i did was remove blueking' IO82011Family.kext as it was giving me KP and then replaced it with a modified vanilla Lion IO82011Family.kext with the only change being listing the device ID for atheros. that brought up my wireless card but because it came from a different region I also had to add a different nub kext to get it to function. details are here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=211596#p211596

Some users report needing to press the wifi button on the very top right of your keyboard area before wifi is recognised.

lastly you can try to delete all adaper info by deleting everything in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and then restart.

don't forget to boot with -v -f.

hope this helps, I can't remember exactly what I did, but both wifi and ethernet are working flawlessly for me now.

Hi,

Could we make our OSX to use the ATI Graphic Board?
Currently I am on the Sandy Bridge Intel 3000.

Thanks.

jimmysticks said:
TridenTBoy said:
I got a regular IP, etc. Apparently I can't get any HTTP traffic going. The networking guy at my school said my TCP/IP stack is kinda screwed up. He said he can't help and troubleshoot more over the phone because A) He's not a super mac guy and B) He'd need to be there to try more.

It's definitely something on the OS X end. Something to do with the driver probably and something to do with having multiple access points all named the same? Idk.

I had similar weird things happen to me on a fresh reinstall. At the time I was working on installing an atheros wireless card as well, so that could have been the issue.

Both my ethernet and wireless adapters were generating random ip addresses at the time.

one of the issues is that there is a RTL8.......kext (name similar to that, can't remember what it is) in /S/L/E/ extra.kext. You need to navigate into there and then right click and selecting show package and delete the RTL kext. after removing that kext, install lnx2mac using multibeast if you haven''t done so already and then repair permissions and restart.

that should hopefully fix ethernet.

another thing i did was remove blueking' IO82011Family.kext as it was giving me KP and then replaced it with a modified vanilla Lion IO82011Family.kext with the only change being listing the device ID for atheros. that brought up my wireless card but because it came from a different region I also had to add a different nub kext to get it to function. details are here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=211596#p211596

Some users report needing to press the wifi button on the very top right of your keyboard area before wifi is recognised.

lastly you can try to delete all adaper info by deleting everything in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and then restart.

don't forget to boot with -v -f.

hope this helps, I can't remember exactly what I did, but both wifi and ethernet are working flawlessly for me now.

AHHHHH now that was helpful do you keep getting the kernel trap like I do whenever I try -v -f I wonder?
I posted the pic on the previous page, do you think you could attatc that kext to a post for me to try please?

Dewitts said:
AHHHHH now that was helpful do you keep getting the kernel trap like I do whenever I try -v -f I wonder?
I posted the pic on the previous page, do you think you could attatc that kext to a post for me to try please?

kext is in the previous post link. no I do not get any KP on -f -v

EDIT: Sorry man, not sure what that KP is about. I do remember having some issues with KP on fresh install when I tried booting with the cable plugged in. it was an issue with ACPIPlatform I think. the probook booted fine with battery only and I think when it booted I reinstalled that particular kext. Thats all I got on that.

If you use a Hard drive from another machine you have to format it in this machine for it to work, atleast I did.

Also I tried the mkext and it just made my machine KP, but all the mkext does is define which kext are loaded anyway right?

I have also uploaded the details requested on the chameleon support thread #183 so they should add the 6490m to chameleon soon, the details are different to what they were using, that is why we get the unsupported card.

Thank you Jimmy Sticks I NOW HAVE WIFI!!!! :) :)

I'm having problems trying to use the chameleon wizard gerard71 gave me last night, it tells me it can't download the files required, please make sure you're connected to the internet and try again.

Well i'm posting on the net so i'm pretty sure it works..
Anyone else had this problem?

shazeal said:
If you use a Hard drive from another machine you have to format it in this machine for it to work, atleast I did.

Also I tried the mkext and it just made my machine KP, but all the mkext does is define which kext are loaded anyway right?

I have also uploaded the details requested on the chameleon support thread #183 so they should add the 6490m to chameleon soon, the details are different to what they were using, that is why we get the unsupported card.

UGHH REALLY???????????? that's a kick in the teeth, I got things installed, faces tagged in photo's and spent over an hour doing that :(

Dewitts said:
Thank you Jimmy Sticks I NOW HAVE WIFI!!!! :) :)

I'm having problems trying to use the chameleon wizard gerard71 gave me last night, it tells me it can't download the files required, please make sure you're connected to the internet and try again.

Well i'm posting on the net so i'm pretty sure it works..
Anyone else had this problem?

You're welcome man. :)

well I can now boot with -v -f without a panic but I lose trackpad function.. common problem?
I'm also giving chameleon wizard used by gerard71 a try right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back