Contribute
Register
Ah, ok.
The only thing that is specific to TB are the arbitrary settings that you see in the screenshot of clover. But honestly I don’t think they are really relevant. I might try removing them at a later time just to see.
Nothing else in the configuration is changed for the TB

Ah, ok.
The only thing that is specific to TB are the arbitrary settings that you see in the screenshot of clover. But honestly I don’t think they are really relevant. I might try removing them at a later time just to see.
Nothing else in the configuration is changed for the TB
Thanks. It seems that I'm fine without arbitrary (I think arbitrary settings only is needed if there isn't an SSDT) I did need the eject usb script-app . Now everything seems fine. :)

Hi guys, I've been using hackintosh for 8 years but i still think i'm a noob. Need your help.

Currently I'm using a gigabyte aorus z370 ultra gaming. I'll be inserting a GIGABYTE Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card and to a CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock.

here are some of my concerns;

1) will my this set up work? gigabyte aorus z370 ultra gaming > GIGABYTE Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card > CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock.
2) this thread is for x299, will the same solutions work for my z370?
3) do i really need the hot plug? as the thunderbolt 3 dock will always be connected. I'll just be hotplugging in usb to the thunderbolt 3 dock.

thank you in advance.

noobintosh,
Justin

1) will my this set up work? gigabyte aorus z370 ultra gaming > GIGABYTE Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card > CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock.
2) this thread is for x299, will the same solutions work for my z370?
3) do i really need the hot plug? as the thunderbolt 3 dock will always be connected. I'll just be hotplugging in usb to the thunderbolt 3

1) Probably. GC-TITAN RIDGE should also work.
2) Some modification is probably required if you try the solutions.
3) No, you don't need hot plug. You might need to disable sleep though.

Chiming in for success. I finally found a spot in between projects to take some risk with getting this to behave a little more normal. Previously I had to boot, turn on Apollo, restart, rock on.

I tried SSDT V2 today and edited the SSDT as suggested.

When booting with the device on I can turn it off and on like any Mac and its a beautiful thing other than system profiler but thats just cosmetic.

When turning Apollo on after the boot I get the "multimedia device icon" on the tool bar. It's not actually connected at this point but if I turn off and back on the icon goes away and the Apollo connects and is able to hot plug. (Note: does not work after shutdown. You gotta get the TB card running and then you can restart away, device on or off.)

Thats progress to me. Thanks for the read and help friends.

Next test...during my build I found that "Enable USB" in the TB Bios settings hung up my boot. Lets see what flipping it does now. EEEEeeeek. Advice or explanations are welcome.

UPDATE:

Requires an initial boot with device on and restart (noted above).

After that you can hot plug away. You can turn off the device, restart computer, turn on (twice here but whatever), and hot plug more. Plug your hot plugs in all the hot...plugs.

As for Enable USB in TB Bios, yeah that crashes the **** outta everything. Any ideas?

Note: I realize that all of this has been said but the redundancy can be helpful for readers so I'll leave it.

Last edited:
Chiming in for success. I finally found a spot in between projects to take some risk with getting this to behave a little more normal. Previously I had to boot, turn on Apollo, restart, rock on.

I tried SSDT V2 today and edited the SSDT as suggested.

When booting with the device on I can turn it off and on like any Mac and its a beautiful thing other than system profiler but thats just cosmetic.

When turning Apollo on after the boot I get the "multimedia device icon" on the tool bar. It's not actually connected at this point but if I turn off and back on the icon goes away and the Apollo connects and is able to hot plug. (Note: does not work after shutdown. You gotta get the TB card running and then you can restart away, device on or off.)

Thats progress to me. Thanks for the read and help friends.

Next test...during my build I found that "Enable USB" in the TB Bios settings hung up my boot. Lets see what flipping it does now. EEEEeeeek. Advice or explanations are welcome.

UPDATE:

Requires an initial boot with device on and restart (noted above).

After that you can hot plug away. You can turn off the device, restart computer, turn on (twice here but whatever), and hot plug more. Plug your hot plugs in all the hot...plugs.

As for Enable USB in TB Bios, yeah that crashes the **** outta everything. Any ideas?

Note: I realize that all of this has been said but the redundancy can be helpful for readers so I'll leave it.
Curious. Did you try the SSDT v1 also? I didn't even see a multimedia device icon with v2.
AND Do you have a powered TB3Dock?

Curious. Did you try the SSDT v1 also? I didn't even see a multimedia device icon with v2.
AND Do you have a powered TB3Dock?

I tried both and landed on V2. I got a random reboot out of V1 and it spooked me. Nope, dock free.

Sleep is the last thing that would make my hack perfect, everything else works!
I have a Z270 gaming 5

I have hotsawp working as long as I connect at startup with both SSDT V1 & V2, which is fine since I have soundcard always hooked up!

Something strange happens when I attempt sleep on my hack with TB SSDT V1 and V2. With V1 the mac wakes up and the TB connects but doesn’t work!
With V2 I get a kernal panic and the log says that Thunderbolt power couldn’t couldn’t be turned on!

I could post the crash log if anyone thinks they can help! But I’d be forever grateful for some insight from those who have this working!

Anyone or @LeleTuratti : new z370 Gigabyte Gaming 5 build with Titan Ridge PCIe card. Can't get TR recognized on Mojave side, but Windows 10 sees it fine. Shows up in IOReg as RP21. I changed the v2 SSDT to reflect the correct RP21 but other than showing up in PCI:System Report, I can't get any TB3 storage to be recognized. Would love some help on this.

Last edited:
Anyone or @LeleTuratti : new z370 Gigabyte Gaming 5 build with Titan Ridge PCIe card. Can't get TR recognized on Mojave side, but Windows 10 sees it fine. Shows up in IOReg as RP21. I changed the v2 SSDT to reflect the correct RP21 but other than showing up in PCI:System Report, I can't get any TB3 storage to be recognized. Would love some help on this.

Meant to include my IOReg file to help. I keep feeling like this is going to be a simple fix since so many others have basic TB3 working. I would just settle for it working at all and THEN worry about hot-plugging. :)

Attachments

• HackPro.ioreg
    19 MB · Views: 89
Back