Contribute
Register
@CaseySJ

Everything works well but only in one out of the two ports next to Display Port; hot plugging, TB devices, USB Type-C devices, proper mounting after wake from sleep...

The other port doesn't recognize any device, either TB or Type-C...

Very weird behavior.. I wonder if there's something missing in the ACPI table that connects with second, non-functional port, or perhaps such port is just broken (but then it should not show up in the System Information, right?)

Thank you..
Alas we have seen this problem before on GC-Titan Ridge, where one of the two ports may not work properly or consistently. People have tried various experiments such as connecting Thunderbolt header cable, USB header, or connecting a Thunderbolt or USB-C device to that port before boot.

Unfortunately we haven't found a proper solution.

Hello @CaseySJ ! I have Titan Ridge ver.2 Original Firmware on Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite and not get hotplug.i already change the path from SSDT Hackindrom.It is connected to mb with Usb Cable and Thb 1(5 pin).
Hello @rmihai,

Some questions:
  • What is the make/model of the Thunderbolt device you are trying to connect?
  • Does that device work when connected before booting up macOS?
  • In BIOS do you see an option for Thunderbolt -> Thunderbolt Boot Support?
    • If so, change it to Boot Once and see if that helps

Hello @rmihai,

Some questions:
  • What is the make/model of the Thunderbolt device you are trying to connect?
  • Does that device work when connected before booting up macOS?
  • In BIOS do you see an option for Thunderbolt -> Thunderbolt Boot Support?
    • If so, change it to Boot Once and see if that helps
1.It is Apollo twin x(Audio Interface)
2.Yes
3.Not have Boot Once only Enable/Disable

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpeg
    IMG_0612.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0613.jpeg
    IMG_0613.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Alas we have seen this problem before on GC-Titan Ridge, where one of the two ports may not work properly or consistently. People have tried various experiments such as connecting Thunderbolt header cable, USB header, or connecting a Thunderbolt or USB-C device to that port before boot.

Unfortunately we haven't found a proper solution.
@CaseySJ

I’ll keep experimenting with different combinations… Thank you so much for having taken the time to have a look into my issue and providing me your Insights…Best of luck.

Back