Contribute
Register
Hi @CaseySJ

First of all, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and expertise with us, the hackintosh community.

I'd really appreciate your support on the following issue:

I have gear composed by an Aorus Z40 Elite AC, Intel i9 10900K, 128 GB RAM, Radeon RX6900XT, Titan Ride V.1 card flashed with your Designare Z390 TB V.33 firmware. I'm using the SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4 SSDT, modified to match my ACPI path (PCI0.RP21.PXSX), running Sonoma 14.2.1., SMBIOS Mac20,2

It works perfectly (Hot swap, remount after sleep, etc.), but only in receptacle 1.

Would you be so kind to take a look into my IOREG and suggest any changes that must be done to my ssdt file in order to get receptacle 2 working as well?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

alpha2005.

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 2.26.30 p.m..png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 2.26.43 p.m..png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 2.27.56 p.m..png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 2.53.24 p.m..png

Attachments

• iMac20,2_IOREG_Alpha2005.ioreg
    25.5 MB · Views: 4
  • EFI.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 15
Apologies for the late reply. I’ll take a look shortly.

@alpha2005,

Let's try the attached SSDT in place of the current one. After installing and rebooting, please post IOReg.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 4
Thank you so much for supporting me @CaseySJ; attached is my IOReg...

I think it's worth mention that yesterday I received my new MoBo, a Gigabyte Aorus Z340 Vison G; which I already setup.

Since the shown path in this new motherboard is RP05 unlike RP21 as in the Z40 Elite AC, I modified that value in the SSDT you just provided me.

Also might be important mentioning that I flashed my CG-Titan Ridge V1 with the firmware called TitanRidgeMacOSFirmware.bin found in the repository and which it's based in Fw 23, having had similar results as those with the Designare390 bin file.

Please let me know about whatever additional file I should include for the correct diagnosis.

Thank you.

Attachments

• alpha2005_Ioreg_Jan272024.ioreg
    26.5 MB · Views: 2
  • SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 1
@alpha2005,

This IOReg looks much better (NHI0 now has Thunderbolt DROM and other properties).

But DSB2 is empty, which is the USB controller for the two Type C ports.

Have you tried NVM33 with this SSDT?

@CaseySJ

Unfortunately, even after flashing card with NVM33, the issue is still there.

Attached is my IOReg file..

What else could you please suggest trying out?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_Jan272024_1.png
    Screenshot_Jan272024_1.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 3
  • alpha2005_Ioreg_Jan272024_II.ioreg
    26.7 MB · Views: 3
@CaseySJ

Unfortunately, even after flashing card with NVM33, the issue is still there.

Attached is my IOReg file..

What else could you please suggest trying out?

Thanks!
This is better because the USB controller is alive now (DSB2).

Have you tried any of these experiments:
  • Connect a Thunderbolt device to both ports before booting
    • Do both of them appear and work?
  • Connect a Thunderbolt device to one port and a USB-C flash drive (or other USB-C) device to the other port
    • Then eject the USB-C device
    • Then hot plug a Thunderbolt device
    • Does the Thunderbolt device work?

@CaseySJ

Everything works well but only in one out of the two ports next to Display Port; hot plugging, TB devices, USB Type-C devices, proper mounting after wake from sleep...

The other port doesn't recognize any device, either TB or Type-C...

Very weird behavior.. I wonder if there's something missing in the ACPI table that connects with second, non-functional port, or perhaps such port is just broken (but then it should not show up in the System Information, right?)

Thank you..

Hello @CaseySJ ! I have Titan Ridge ver.2 Original Firmware on Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite and not get hotplug.i already change the path from SSDT Hackindrom.It is connected to mb with Usb Cable and Thb 1(5 pin).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 03.05.32.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 03.05.32.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • SSDT-TB3-SLOT-4.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back