Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> I'm struggling with detecting my Fenvi T919 on my BigSur X299

Status
Not open for further replies.
changing the slot that the card is installed in can have a positive effect
Interesting thing happened when I replugged the Fenvi to a different slot.
On my system information, I now see under PCI the 3rd entry:
pci14e4,43a0 Other Network Controller J8B4@161,0,0

I tried another thing, I plugged a network cable from my router with no luck. I don't have an entry in my Network to add ethernet, and when I click on little '+', I get Bluetooth Pan, Wi-Fi, VPN, PPPoE, 6to4

Of course I tried Wi-Fi, and same effect, unable to enable it. But why don't I have ethernet, I thought that was built in. If not, is there a kext of some sort that I need to put in my EFI?

Interestingly enough, I connected Bluetooth to my cell phone, and used it as a network. My computer now has internet connection, thought incredibly slow. ;)

is there a kext of some sort that I need to put in my EFI?
Yes, probably IntelMausiEthernet.kext or IntelMausi.kext.

Your motherboard has two Ethernet ports, both use an Intel chipset. So the IntelMausiEthernt.kext or IntelMausi.kext suggested by P1LGRIM, will work with one of the two ports.

The other port probably requires SmallTreeIntel82576.kext.

Attachments

• SmallTreeIntel82576.kext.zip
    72.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IntelMausi.kext.zip
    57.3 KB · Views: 31
I was browsing some log files and came across this wi-fi.log that was just generated today.
Please help me to make sense out of it, if possible.

Attachments

• wifi-Mar22.txt
    32.1 KB · Views: 603
Looks like you may have not removed/disabled the kexts that you used with your Intel module.

not removed/disabled the kexts that you used with your Intel module
Does it reference which one? I didn't do any explicit disabling, I don't know where to. I physically removed the card, I was hoping that'd be enough.

Please help, let me know if you need my updated EFI for that.

Warmest regards,

SmallTreeIntel82576.kext.
Added this file, and had intelmausiethernet.kext already in my EFI.

One new thing appeared on my Network:
Ethernet 2
This one has a yellow dot next to it, this is the first time I see anything other than red in my network list.
Next to it is a status: Connected
Below is:
Ethernet 2 has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet.
I don't know what that means, but I'm willing to investigate. Any change is good at this point. :) thank you for the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back