Register

<< Solved >> I'm struggling with detecting my Fenvi T919 on my BigSur X299

Status
Not open for further replies.
image of your /Kexts folder

IMG_7302.JPG

Re: Hackintoshes don't run on hope. :)

remove it from your config.plist
Gone, removed the file, restarted, kext does not show in kextstat list anymore.
Still no wifi, sorry

I may have been hasty with my advice to remove AirportBrcmFixup.kext.
When I used a Fenvi T919 in one of my builds it worked right out of the box with no additional user intervention required, but it just occurred to me that that build was not running Big Sur.
Using the forum Search tool I found this post which explains the issue :

See Post #4

Or Post #2 of this very thread.

Last edited:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
Thank you P1LGRIM for reconfirming!
I re-added the kext again:
and the structure of the kext looks like this:
1616533322509.png

I'm waiting for Fenvi to send me a replacement card, should arrive in 2 days.
I'm really puzzled about this. I don't believe in magic, somewhere in my process there was a glitch that locked me out of any access to the internet.
At this point, I've tried all combinations of GPU PCI and my Fenvi. In position 2 and 3, Fenvi doesn't even show up in my system report PCI, that's the only difference.
I am also on my second motherboard, identical, yes, but if there was any issue with my first one, that would hopefully be solved by its replacement.

I just reinstalled my Big Sur from scratch using my original boot USB - smooth installation to a spare SSD. Works great - just no internet.

I have very little hope for Fenvi replacement - the one I have works well on Linux Mint liveUSB, at least I think it worked great with this network card and not my original built-in intel.

I already mentally prepared myself to the fact I might not have wifi at all on my new machine, and will have to live with cable ethernet only, but even that gives me trouble. (this may still be an outside and non-related issue, I don't plug my cable directly from the router to my motherboard, but rather use wi-fi extender that has ethernet port. But I need to make sure that extender is solid, I'll do this test using my MacBook pro when rj45->USBc adapter arrives later today)
I think at this point is the only thing I haven't tried was to recreate my EFI from scratch and run another install of BigSur. :banghead:

Last edited:
I'm waiting for Fenvi to send me a replacement card
I see nothing to suggest that your card is defective.

I re-added the kext again
There is more to it than merely adding the kext, see the linked posts.

I think at this point is the only thing I haven't tried was to recreate my EFI from scratch and run another install of BigSur.
Try by all means but I can't see it having a significant impact.

I may have been hasty with my advice to remove AirportBrcmFixup.kext.
When I used a Fenvi T919 in one of my builds it worked right out of the box with no additional user intervention required, but it just occurred to me that that build was not running Big Sur.
Using the forum Search tool I found this post which explains the issue :

See Post #4

Or Post #2 of this very thread.

Good links :thumbup:

We need someone with a new Intel iMac or Mini running Big Sur to let us know what wifi chipset Apple uses now. (Perhaps they have and I've missed it). Then perhaps we can modify our recommendations for a third-party adapter. The Fenvi - mine included - always worked natively up until Catalina IIRC. (My Hack runs Mojave presently). Even my MQUPIN generic card has a Broadcom 4360 variant onboard.

I don't plug my cable directly from the router to my motherboard, but rather use wi-fi extender that has ethernet port.
This would be my prime suspect at this time.

It is better if you create new posts instead of going back and editing your previous ones.
There are no notifications that you have posted when you make edits.
This thread is now seven pages long and it is easy to miss something if you persist with this practice.
I see that you have even edited the original post now.

There is more to it than merely adding the kext
Yes, sorry forgot to mention, I also added the boot argument brcmfx-driver=2

I see that you have even edited the original post now.
Understand. I'll be more careful next time. I thought it would make sense to be more complete for those that happen to encounter my thread and learn from the first post on what has been done at a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back