Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> I'm struggling with detecting my Fenvi T919 on my BigSur X299

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure that the module that was supplied with the motherboard is either removed or disabled in the BIOS settings.

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 17.06.21.png

I don't care for dual boot at all, so hopefully that makes my life easier to setup :)

As far as which PCIe, I only have full-size PCIs on my board. Here's the complete setup of what I have:
1616087783284.png

This is the same on my board layout:
1616087964350.png

removed or disabled in the BIOS settings
Thank you P1lgrim!
How, where?
If I send you an image of my boot, would you help me to tell which options to toggle to off please?

I don't care for dual boot at all, so hopefully that makes my life easier to setup :)

As far as which PCIe, I only have full-size PCIs on my board. Here's the complete setup of what I have:
View attachment 512597
This is the same on my board layout:
View attachment 512598

Looks good :thumbup:

My own Fenvi was in a full-sized slot and worked okay.

@P1LGRIM makes a good point. In the BIOS there is a simple toggle enabled/disabled for the onboard Intel chip. Could be in Peripherals / LAN section.

How, where?
If I send you an image of my boot, would you help me to tell which options to toggle to off please?
It's not rocket science, just read your motherboard manual.

Found this, and switched this to Disabled:
1616088644586.png

So now it is disabled, but there's no difference in my computer finding-enablnig wifi.
Please help if anywhere else I need to toggle something.

Check the manual
The manual for this motherboard shows nothing on how to disable the wireless card.
I re-enabled OnBoard Lan Controller, there are two options below for installed cards:
1616090121053.png

and expanding the first gives me this submenu:
1616090183119.png

The second option is for Ethernet Connection:
1616090231129.png

which leads to this sub-menu:
1616090265902.png

I don't know where else to go from here. There's no option to switch either one of them to off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back