Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> I'm struggling with detecting my Fenvi T919 on my BigSur X299

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread may give you some ideas, if not there may well be others if you use the forum Search tool.

There is only one mention of Intel WiFi in the manual and it isn't related to Enabling or Disabling the WiFi card, it is related to WiFi compatibility mode and is shown in the screenshot 'Peripherals' tab item 6 in the list.

You may need to physically remove the Intel WiFi card to disable it.

Thanks to everyone of you for all your collective work helping me. Today I'll be removing my motherboard because screws to lift the panel that hides this wifi chip are accessed from the back side of the motherboard. Thanks for such convenient configuration provided by Gigabyte team.

I know I should probably better tweak my EFI to disable the card, but I don't have experience and at this point more afraid to mess things up. So, I'll go the physical way and will try to pull it out.

Anyway, I'll post my updates here.

Thanks to everyone of you for all your collective work helping me. Today I'll be removing my motherboard because screws to lift the panel that hides this wifi chip are accessed from the back side of the motherboard. Thanks for such convenient configuration provided by Gigabyte team.

I know I should probably better tweak my EFI to disable the card, but I don't have experience and at this point more afraid to mess things up. So, I'll go the physical way and will try to pull it out.

Anyway, I'll post my updates here.

Don't wish to poo-poo that idea. You may be half way through already, but...

Gigabyte have a habit of removing such "toggles" from time to time. Serial ports, springs to mind. I downgraded my BIOS to get the positive on/off toggle for the onboard serial-UART back as I couldn't boot without it disabled. Another example, the latest BIOS for my own motherboard has re-instated the CFG-Lock after removing it for a while.

So if you have the latest BIOS onboard you might wish to test an earlier version to see if the wi-fi toggle is there. Or vice-versa. It may not be, in this case, but if it is would save effort.

:)

Don't wish to poo-poo that idea. You may be half way through already, but...

Gigabyte have a habit of removing such "toggles" from time to time. Serial ports, springs to mind. I downgraded my BIOS to get the positive on/off toggle for the onboard serial-UART back as I couldn't boot without it disabled. Another example, the latest BIOS for my own motherboard has re-instated the CFG-Lock after removing it for a while.

So if you have the latest BIOS onboard you might wish to test an earlier version to see if the wi-fi toggle is there. Or vice-versa. It may not be, in this case, but if it is would save effort.

:)
Haha, thanks for the suggestion though. I would've tried and may still try if I can't kill my intel card this way, but I'm already here, what a nightmare this dismantle.
IMG_7293.JPG

Haha, thanks for the suggestion though. I would've tried and may still try if I can't kill my intel card this way, but I'm already here, what a nightmare this dismantle.
View attachment 512626

Hey, look on the bright side - you can clean all that dust out! (My trick this, as is well recorded somewhere around here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back