Contribute
Register

Idling for 10 minutes causes Sierra to lag/freeze for a couple of minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I thought it would be the same. What do I need to check? Do you want the IOReg? Can it be checked like that?

Ioreg looks fine although it would be better to compare native ACPI files.

My PC works fine with Photos app open/closed/whatever...

You're hardware is different can't compared other hardware with different hardware doesn't make no sense. Different hardware has different affects.

You're hardware is different can't compared other hardware with different hardware doesn't make no sense. Different hardware has different affects

Not sure what you mean. When I said PC I meant my hack.

On a side note.... Ive been doing some experimenting.... I think radisce may be onto something with Photos. Ive been testing with my other *old* SSD and theres a *chance* that it might not be SSD related but in fact a old/corrupt photos library. Need further testing to make sure its correct.

Not sure what you mean. When I said PC I meant my hack.

On a side note.... Ive been doing some experimenting.... I think radisce may be onto something with Photos. Ive been testing with my other *old* SSD and theres a *chance* that it might not be SSD related but in fact a old/corrupt photos library. Need further testing to make sure its correct.

You're hardware & demonknight9s hardware is totally different can't say your problem is the same as his problem. Different hardware has different affects. FYI Photos App isn't the problem your problem is most likely hardware/configuration.

@VoiletDragon: I've done my best to study this entire thread and I'm not seeing much promise for a silver bullet. I've had this nuisance for about a year and was relieved to find out I wasn't the only person affected. However, now that I'm seeing hundreds of instances of the IOGraphicsAccelerator2 kernel fatal error every hour, I'm debating ever going Hackintosh again (or at least until Apple supports Nvidia natively). My SSD is in pristine condition, my GFX card and PSU are brand new, and my BIOS is current. I'm also on iMac14,2.

From what you've seen, are there any configuration changes worth making to defeat this? Would you be willing to review a snapshot of my configuration to see if anything is amiss?

@VoiletDragon: I've done my best to study this entire thread and I'm not seeing much promise for a silver bullet. I've had this nuisance for about a year and was relieved to find out I wasn't the only person affected. However, now that I'm seeing hundreds of instances of the IOGraphicsAccelerator2 kernel fatal error every hour, I'm debating ever going Hackintosh again (or at least until Apple supports Nvidia natively). My SSD is in pristine condition, my GFX card and PSU are brand new, and my BIOS is current. I'm also on iMac14,2.

From what you've seen, are there any configuration changes worth making to defeat this? Would you be willing to review a snapshot of my configuration to see if anything is amiss?

Another option is to get the latest card supported by the native Nvidia drivers. Something like a series 7 GTX 760, GTX770 or GTX 780. It looks like the motherboard I have and the 4770K aren't at fault. The only thing different from mines and violet's is that he has a GTX 760. Amongst other things of course but I think there lies the problem. With the graphics.
I'm just surprised not many people have this issue, or maybe they do have but not realised it yet.

Just came across this thread, there is hope :) http://appleinsider.com/articles/16...n-graphics-for-revolutionary-new-mac-products

IOGraphicsAccelerator2 is related to Graphics. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Another option is to get the latest card supported by the native Nvidia drivers. Something like a series 7 GTX 760, GTX770 or GTX 780. It looks like the motherboard I have and the 4770K aren't at fault. The only thing different from mines and violet's is that he has a GTX 760. Amongst other things of course but I think there lies the problem. With the graphics.
I'm just surprised not many people have this issue, or maybe they do have but not realised it yet.

Just came across this thread, there is hope :) http://appleinsider.com/articles/16...n-graphics-for-revolutionary-new-mac-products

The problem is that the Graphics card you have isn't natively supported although it will work with Nvidia Web Drivers but the problem is that i don't know how stable they are. The reason why I'm still using my 760 is because its natively supported and doesn't require any tweaking to get working like your 970 does. Now you could buy a 760 off eBay second hand although I've seen some 760s that are new and not been opened might be a better way for testing of course.

The problem is that the Graphics card you have isn't natively supported although it will work with Nvidia Web Drivers but the problem is that i don't know how stable they are. The reason why I'm still using my 760 is because its natively supported and doesn't require any tweaking to get working like your 970 does. Now you could buy a 760 off eBay second hand although I've seen some 760s that are new and not been opened might be a better way for testing of course.
I might build another machine and leave this one for windows and gaming. I don't game on the Mac so building another machine with a core i5 8gb of ram and a gtx 760 just for this project might be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back