Contribute
Register

iCloud - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
iLikeTech said:
I received the "Account Limit Reached" error, when logging into iCloud for the first time... but as soon as I updated my iPod touch to iOS 5 and set up iCloud on my iPod, I received an email from Apple, saying 'Welcome to iCloud!', and then after that, it worked on my Hackintosh!

Your Apple ID must have to be set up for iCloud or something... it's random.
chameleon wizard should solve your iCloud issue, generating a new serial. give it a try!

giacomoleopardo said:
CyCLoBoT said:
I updated Chimera using the standalone installer and now my system is not booting. It's getting stuck at "Waiting for root device". Any way to fix this? I updated Chimera to fix iCloud error.
No chance with rBoot?

I'm in the same situation, I'm also getting stuck at a "waiting for root device" message after updating Chimera. Using rBoot doesn't fix the issue, unfortunately. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

10.7.2 up ok iCloud working fine and as it should apart from Find My Mac.... I have the new apple Recovery HD to make it work but evey time I restart Find My Mac is un ticked in the iCloud prefs... Anyone any ideas?

Logicpro8_user said:
10.7.2 up ok iCloud working fine and as it should apart from Find My Mac.... I have the new apple Recovery HD to make it work but evey time I restart Find My Mac is un ticked in the iCloud prefs... Anyone any ideas?

Hi LP8, I have now created the hidden partition as have the same issue as you, could it be something with it asking for permission every time?

I'll research it later, going to watch a movie right now :geek:

Maybe it is supposed to be off on reboot :think:

As it could potentially give away your location to anyone who has your Apple ID credentials, and would also enable Apple to track your movements, Find My Mac is disabled by default. Activate it through 'system preferences' and then 'iCloud'. Click the check box beside 'Find My Mac' and confirm that you want to authorise it to lock or wipe your Mac remotely.

lostinthecity said:
giacomoleopardo said:
CyCLoBoT said:
I updated Chimera using the standalone installer and now my system is not booting. It's getting stuck at "Waiting for root device". Any way to fix this? I updated Chimera to fix iCloud error.
No chance with rBoot?

I'm in the same situation, I'm also getting stuck at a "waiting for root device" message after updating Chimera. Using rBoot doesn't fix the issue, unfortunately. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!
Don't you have - by any chance - a bootable backup hard drive?
You could boot from there and fix by multi beast your issue!

lostinthecity said:
giacomoleopardo said:
CyCLoBoT said:
No chance with rBoot?

Thanks!

Yeah, I have the same issue. I have the latest Chimera and updated to 10.7.2 and get stuck on the "waiting for root device". rBoot doesn't work either. I've tried booting from iBoot and no good. I can boot into single user mode, but that's it. I fixed it on my desktop system by replacing the boot file with the boot from Chameleon r1627VS.

I ran into the same thing with my laptop...Chimera gives me the "waiting for root device" error after 10.7.2 update. Worked fine in 10.7.1. Something is not right with Chimera.

--Tony

giacomoleopardo said:
iLikeTech said:
I received the "Account Limit Reached" error, when logging into iCloud for the first time... but as soon as I updated my iPod touch to iOS 5 and set up iCloud on my iPod, I received an email from Apple, saying 'Welcome to iCloud!', and then after that, it worked on my Hackintosh!

chameleon wizard should solve your iCloud issue, generating a new serial. give it a try!

I've tried this, and I know I have the latest version of Chimera. I'm still getting the same "account limit reached" error for iCloud, but everything else is working great. Any help?

rdlawrence said:
giacomoleopardo said:
iLikeTech said:

I've tried this, and I know I have the latest version of Chimera. I'm still getting the same "account limit reached" error for iCloud, but everything else is working great. Any help?
I don't understand: did you do this passage?
Download Chameleon Wizard from kext dot com, then run it and in its smbios section generate a new random serial for your machine, then reboot.
iCloud, AppStore and Facetime should work. :thumbup:

When I try to use iCloud first, the Pref pane hangs system preferences for a while(about 10 mins or longer), and then when I try to put in my Usr/Pass it says that I do not have an iCloud account.I have an iCloud account on my iTouch though. I tried updating Chimira to no avail.

To my last post, I tried editing the S/N again, and for some reason it worked this time. Don't exactly know what did it, but thanks for all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back