Register

iCloud - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonymacx86 said:
iCloud Issues and Solutions

Issue: Can't log into iCloud.
Solution: Update to latest Chimera 1.5.4

Issue: Still can't log into iCloud- first time setting it up on any device.
Solution: Change /Extra/smbios.plist serial number- for example:

Code:
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>G88451235J4</string>

change 845123 to something between 750xxx to 905xxx

Code:
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>G88451005J4</string>

then reboot. After setting it up for the first time- you will be able to return your serial number to the previous MultiBeast default.
Tony, are these methods working with bootable revodrive x2?
Still in the dark here!

roma_pop said:
So how i succseed with
"This AppleID is valid but is not an iCloud account"
Or
"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

First downloaded last chameleon r1627. - no sucsess
Then edited smcbios.plist - no sucsess (no one serial worked for me)
Then take a look on Mak 1 way to fix AppStore (i found appstore not worked too),
And that finally helped me.
<Key>EthernetBuiltIn<Key> - Yes (in boot.plist)

Can't say which step exactly helped or just sequence,
May be somebody can just insert that string in boot.plist to check?

Later will try to revert to Chameleon 1598

Good luck

Especial thanks to Mak 1

P.S. i use boot.plist maded by package install from chameleon - there missed this line

First of all Thank you very much.

I used to rely on EFI Strings fix for my Graphics Card and Network Chipset. But after 10.7.2 Update I saw that EFI Stings caused an issue with GPU. So I decided to remove strings and I booted successfully, but with no Gpu acceleration and network fix.
So I applied:
- NVEnabler.kext for GPU acceleration - Success
- Latest 'Lnx2Mac Network driver' and 'Ethernet Built-in_Yes' fix for Network - Success (for App store login)
- iCloud login is solved with 'Chameleon v2.1svn r1627VS' (especially for facetime and icloud fix) - Downloaded from server Awesome-Studio: VS Chameleon with Champlist.app.

i've updated chameleon to r1627vs and i changed serial number. that worked for me!

I had the "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account" error and just fixed it simply by updating to Chimera 1.5.4 and rebooting. No additional tweaks were necessary.

I wasn't aware that this problem was unique to our community. I literally spent 2 hours with live chat support troubleshooting the problem, and in the end, he told me that it was a CPU issue and referred me to AppleCare. Once he told me that then I knew it was a hackintosh-related problem.

vpcwiu said:
I had the "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account" error and just fixed it simply by updating to Chimera 1.5.4 and rebooting. No additional tweaks were necessary.

I wasn't aware that this problem was unique to our community. I literally spent 2 hours with live chat support troubleshooting the problem, and in the end, he told me that it was a CPU issue and referred me to AppleCare. Once he told me that then I knew it was a hackintosh-related problem.
It's not totally hackintosh-related problem, because some of native Mac users also experience the same thing after upgraded to 10.7.2.

I updated Chimera using the standalone installer and now my system is not booting. It's getting stuck at "Waiting for root device". Any way to fix this? I updated Chimera to fix iCloud error.

CyCLoBoT said:
I updated Chimera using the standalone installer and now my system is not booting. It's getting stuck at "Waiting for root device". Any way to fix this? I updated Chimera to fix iCloud error.
No chance with rBoot?

IMPORTANT!!!
*** Chameleon v2.1svn r1618 with iCloud & FaceTime fix.
*** Chameleon v2.1svn r1627VS with iCloud & FaceTime fix.

Be careful! These revisions cause problems on RAID Systems.

Mak 1 said:
IMPORTANT!!!
*** Chameleon v2.1svn r1618 with iCloud & FaceTime fix.
*** Chameleon v2.1svn r1627VS with iCloud & FaceTime fix.

Be careful! These revisions cause problems on RAID Systems.

Best documented here- those versions seem to have the same fix as Chimera 1.5.4- the one that was originally put in Chameleon and removed by the devs because of the RAID issue.

We put in the SkipFTFix=Yes option for RAID users.

Chimera 1.5.4 Update: FaceTime Fix
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... e-fix.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back