Contribute
Register

iCloud, App Store, FaceTime, Messages - Unable to Authenticate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the step by step. this was the only thing left to do to get my system up and runny fully.
you guys here are amazing. thanks for being here.

Huggy

dude, Seriously good read and successful resolution. Couldn't find nothing on Apple support apart from some of the suggestions like, deleting the network.plist, logging in a root doing yada yada yada blah!!! Nothing worked apart from this...

I omitted the PCIroot bit because Chameleon Wizard couldn't find PCI root so just added the built in 0x01 bit. Checked Network plist had changed to true, logged in. happy days.

Thank you!!

Ok, after a bit more research this is what I come up with so far, maybe some of the experts can shed some light.

Checked my NetworkInterfaces.plist found in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<false/>

From what I am reading the first network interface has the be Ethernet address (en0) and built in.

I tried just editing the XML to <true/> and rebooted, it just changed it back to <false/>

I am currently using the EthernetBuiltIn flag set to Yes, no effect.

I tried using the EFI string.

My board has an integrated Atheros Ethernet.

AtherosL1cEthernet.kext is the driver in use. Was this Ethernet Controller taken into consideration when the EthernetBuiltIn flag was implemented?

Legend... Bloody Legend

Absolutely

1. Open the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file located in /Extra directory with TextEdit.

2. Append the following XML

Code:
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>device-properties</key>
	<string>EFI String Placeholder</string>

3. Leave the TextEdit window open and launch the EFIStudio-1.1 App.

4. Select Ethernet from the Select Device: drop down.

5. Click Add Device, the Editor will be displayed.

6. From the Editor window click the Hex String to Clipboard button.

7. Switch back to the open TextEdit window and replace EFI String Placeholder with the EFI string you just copied.

8. SAVE and Reboot

Varying based on your settings, you final result should look something like this.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT-GA-H61M-S2-B3-F3.aml</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x3000</string>
	<key>PciRoot</key>
	<string>0</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>device-properties</key>
	<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0100000001010600041c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>

</dict>
</plist>

Thanks to everyone for all the solutions posted but unfortunately the above, like with some others, did not work for me, in fact nor has any other solution in this thread and I have gone through and systematically tried them all.

In NetworkInterfaces.plist I cannot get
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<false/>

to change to
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>

No matter what I try.
I have tried manually changing it to true, I have tried EFI Studio, I have tried deleting my network adapaters and re-adding, I have tried deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and I have tried installing the audio kexts but none of it has worked. :( I have removed my wireless network card (TP Link natively supported) and connected via ethernet but no luck on that either.

I think I have a bit of a perfect storm as apart from having the above error I also have the boot0 error and so always have to boot off my iBoot disc. I guess doing this must overwrite some parameters so they don't stick.
It's so frustrating as I can't fix the boot0 problem because I can't log onto the app store to download Mountain Lion and I can't seem to fix my app store login error because I can't fix my boot0 error. :(
I am at my wits end but I can't be the only person to encounter this! Surely someone else has had to overcome both problems.

Can anyone shed some light?
My system is SL, core i5, Gigabye GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3.

I am only posting this since I have tried everything for the past several days and wouldn't want to waste anyone's time and only use forums as a last resort.
I tired the EFI Studio fix with the video guide aijaz posted on Aug 15th but still I have the same problem.

However there are a few strange things...

1. The network adapter shows I have two Ethernet adapters instead of one. I only have one physical adapter and that is on board.
It always displays En0 and En1. En0 is the one that works. Now I used to have another adapter but I removed that last year and just use the on board one.

2. My boot file originally was com.apple.Boot.plist instead of org.chameleon.Boot.plist. (located in the Extra folder)
I figured this could be a problem so I copied the contents of the apple.Boot file and pasted it the chameleon.Boot file and then deleting the apple.Boot file.
(Not sure is this was the right way to do it)

3. The NetworkInterfaces.plist - I have tried to delete it and it always comes back with the same values after reboot. I also tried to change the false property to true and it always reverts back to false.

I have also attached is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist and my NetworkInterfaces.plist for reference.

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    665 bytes · Views: 318
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
    1.5 KB · Views: 289
I think that is my problem I am booting off iboot disk since I have dual boot. One OSX and another win7. I guess I have to not use the iboot disk to boot every time and use chameleon to boot? I have chameleon wizard but not use what to change in order to not have to use the iboot CD and still have it prompt me to choose what to boot.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

using efi studio didn't work, deleting the networkinterfaces.plist didn't work, and flushing the cache didn't work either. any other suggestions?

so i bit the bullet and bought a LONG ethernet cable. deleted network devices in system preferences, deleted the networkinfaces.plist, reboot, et voila. problem solved. sigh.

I'm on an HP ProBook. But my internal wireless doesn't work, so I'm using a tiny USB wireless adapter. Works great for internet, but no-go on AppStore/Facetime/Etc. My NetworkInterfaces.plist file says en0 built-in=true. But I'm still unable to login to App Store or FaceTime. Any suggestions?

I assume the EFI studio trick is only for people whose en0 built-in=false. But mine is true. How to proceed? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back