Contribute
Register

iCloud, App Store, FaceTime, Messages - Unable to Authenticate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow!

I've been trying to fix this problem for several hours. Tried the usual answers: rebuild network config & caches, make sure built-in ethernet is named en0, tried different keyring based fixes, nothing had worked.

Huge thanks solbergw for your detailed steps in post #8, that worked on 1st try.

Finally! :)

Greetings,

Running 10.6.7 here (although I'm aware that this thread refers to Mountain Lion builds only) and all I did to resolve the issue in App Store was by deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting the system.

Thanks, and hope this helps.

If anyone is still not able to login to App Store check this video

[video=youtube;8ERhsM9pFGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERhsM9pFGI&feature=plcp[/video]

how did u manage to upload video here on... i was trying this but wasnt able to upload video. plz can help me with tis.

how did u manage to upload video here on... i was trying this but wasnt able to upload video. plz can help me with tis.

This video was not updated to this site. It was uploaded to youtube and shared here.

No problem, I had to do this to get my hands on ML as SL would not let me in to the App Store. I think my problem was a Serial Port taking preference over the Ethernet.

Good Luck!!

Perfectly explained in #8. Thanks a lot.

I would like to add a note that you might need to delete all the Network entries, Ethernet, Wireless, FireWire.. all of them. And then might need to delete NetworkInterfaces.plist as well as Preferences.plist both.

I have tried the #8 method with no success. I still cannot use the App Store or iCloud, and presumably other services.

I do not have an Ethernet hookup. I do not have any PCI Ethernet cards installed. I am using the Wi-Fi network here. I am connected via the TP-Link PCI Express Wi-Fi Adapter (TL-WDN4800) that the CustoMac buyer's guide recommends.

I am going to try the #8 method again. Do you have any other suggestions?

The method of just deleting the network prefs file worked for me.

Great thread, after living with Snow Leopard not connecting to the App Store and other features for more than a year I am glad I found this. The fix enabled me to download Mountain Lion and update my whole system.

Hello hackintoshers.

Great thread, although my solution was unique, and no single solution that I've found on the forum solved my problem.

Here's how I achieved victory and signed in:

I've got a TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (TL-WDN4800), which works natively, but also onboard Ethernet.

I had to install everything without the card in, then put it in afterward.

The trick was the the Multibeast audio drivers - for God knows what reason. Otherwise - Easybeast simply makes my onboard ethernet disappear.

I tried injecting Ethernet EFIs, Combining Hex strings with my Custom EFI of my video card. What killed me was the jealousy when people's problem seemed to be fixed when they assigned PCIRootUID=1. I couldn't do that - it would shut down my DVI port. Easybeast would solve that issue - but along with it it killed my onboard ethernet.

Some of these steps might be unnecessary:

Install Voodoo HDA audio driver, and Lnx2Mac's Realtek. Remove NetworkPrefs from S/L/P, restart. It should work. If you're using a wireless card, now's the time to put it in. Godspeed, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I have a working hackintosh, thank you tony and the forum.

Could you explain to me step by step what you did? I'm using the same card or a similar card.

Did you start by removing your PCI Express Wi-Fi adapter from your build?

(Unfortunately, lack of those services is a real problem for me—some of my programs need updates badly and I intended to purchase SketchBook Pro 6…)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back