Contribute
Register

iCloud, App Store, FaceTime, Messages - Unable to Authenticate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfectly explained in #8. Thanks a lot.

I would like to add a note that you might need to delete all the Network entries, Ethernet, Wireless, FireWire.. all of them. And then might need to delete NetworkInterfaces.plist as well as Preferences.plist both.

deleting all entris and the 2 plist files worked for me. After reboot it had added them again, network being first.

Agreed, I could use some clarification. Cybercap, did you delete all entries as part of the #8 process, or did you just do that alone?

@Ofidian:

Indeed, I did remove it at first. I then installed all the kexts from multibeast, including easybeast, listed in my previous post. Then I removed Network prefs, and restarted. Then I was able to sign in. After that, I shut down the system and plugged the PCI wifi card back in and it worked like a charm.

Hello hackintoshers.

Great thread, although my solution was unique, and no single solution that I've found on the forum solved my problem.

Here's how I achieved victory and signed in:

I've got a TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (TL-WDN4800), which works natively, but also onboard Ethernet.

I had to install everything without the card in, then put it in afterward.

The trick was the the Multibeast audio drivers - for God knows what reason. Otherwise - Easybeast simply makes my onboard ethernet disappear.

I tried injecting Ethernet EFIs, Combining Hex strings with my Custom EFI of my video card. What killed me was the jealousy when people's problem seemed to be fixed when they assigned PCIRootUID=1. I couldn't do that - it would shut down my DVI port. Easybeast would solve that issue - but along with it it killed my onboard ethernet.

Some of these steps might be unnecessary:

Install Voodoo HDA audio driver, and Lnx2Mac's Realtek. Remove NetworkPrefs from S/L/P, restart. It should work. If you're using a wireless card, now's the time to put it in. Godspeed, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I have a working hackintosh, thank you tony and the forum.

DID you find a sollution I also have the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 and also cannot sign into things like the App store.

Ok, so I read this thread and it's turned into a real mismash of information. Some things work for others, different things for others yet.

Can someone in the know please make a summary post of all the solutions, put together into one, all done at once? Perhaps it can be stickied here in the ML forum since this appears to be an almost universal problem for everyone upgrading to ML.

I upgraded my HackPro a few days after ML came out but had to revert to Lion a few days later simply because of these exact issues. I cannot live without much of what was broken - we rely on iCal iCloud syncing a great deal in our house - one of the many things that would not work. I tried a few of the fixes mentioned here, and none worked, so I'm sure it's come down to a "magic combination" of many of them put together that will eventually result in it working. That said, I think a master "Walkthrough" along the lines of "OK, start here, do this, this, this, and this, and your issues will be solved" would be beneficial for everyone here.

I see you resolved the issue but here's another way I've been guided

navigate to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and then delete NetworkInterfaces.plist

:)

Thanks for the info. This simple fix cured my HP ProBook 4530s issues with the App Store.

-bth

Dear solbergw, your workaround worked great. Earlier tried to delete network.plist n preference.plist, as what i usually do on lion install, but nah didn't work.. Thank a lot!

Most of problems will go away with proper SMBIOS, is important to get a Mac that was made with that cpu type and a second option is to generate a new serial number with chameleon wizard.

Multibeast with default setting create a smbios of MacPro 3,1.

I was trying too many tricks then after a clean install I selected iMac 12,2 and finally the ethernet interface in network preferences panel was *INTERNAL*!

ONE IMPORTANT THING TO SET IS AUTOMATICALLY CHECK DATE AND TIME, it's a Mac OS X related bug, not of our little dear hackintoshes :D

On 10.8.2, I could connect to iTunes store with no problem but couldn't authenticate Messages (had never tried before). It would fail every time with something like "the server encountered an error processing registration please try again later”.

I tried every permutation of adding the hex code (EFIStudio, Chameleon Wizard,...), deleting plists, new serial number, different smbios, etc., etc., etc., but Message still wouldn't authenticate.

Finally, I found a site where someone had fixed similar problems with FaceTime by making sure the "hosts" file was in its default state. As I had modified mine, I tried this and it worked. Here is process.

1.) Use something like Tinkertool to make all files visible

2.) Go to /etc/ (same as /private/etc/), save a backup copy of hosts file to desktop.

3.) Edit the etc/hosts file (I used BBEdit) to contain only the following:

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost

4.) Save hosts file.

5.) Open Terminal and type: dscacheutil -flushcache
You can reboot, but I didn't.

6.) Open Messages, enter ID and password to validate. For me, it connected and was done almost instantly.

7.) Change back to the original hosts file, saved on the desktop.

8.) Open Terminal and type: dscacheutil -flushcache

Done!

Well, I RESOLVED the issue, I feel like such a noob.

When I thought I was injecting the EFI string, I saw XML in the EFIStudio editor, I copied this part of it and pasted it in my boot plist

<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>built-in</key>
<string>0x01</string>
</dict>

I WAS SO WRONG......

I saw an example in another post in it looked nothing like this.

Here is the correct XML w/ my EFI string. (If you are reading this looking for your own fix, use must use EFIStudio to generate your own string, this one will probably not work for you)

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0100000001010600041c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>

Along with this I am still using

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

After I saved and rebooted

NetworkInterfaces.plist now shows

<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>

All of the Apple applications are now able to authenticate.

How to fix Mainboard (unsupport EFI). My board is ASUS P7H55-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back