Contribute
Register

iCloud, App Store, FaceTime, Messages - Unable to Authenticate

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for your help!
is there something else wrong? should i add something? if i leave it as it is without efistudio lines it boots just fine..

edit: this is just for my laptop (g74sx), which cannot access to facetime, imessage and icloud. It accessed appstore however (for some mistery). my desktop works fine.

The particular fix I posted will address the issue with the Ethernet adapter appearing as not built in. Check the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist file, does it show for your Ethernet adapter

<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<false/>

or

<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>

also, could you also check if it displays for your Ethernet adapter?

<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en0</string>

or

<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en1</string>

The file may have multiple adaptors (Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wifi, ect.) I am just looking for your Ethernet properties.

I just wanted to thank you. I almost was going to give up on my brand new system and buy a second hand MacBook. I had spend 3 to 4 hours every night for a week just to resolve Apple Store Unknown Error and your solution worked finally for me. I had rebuilt the system 6 times in past week as some of the solutions even were freezing my boot.
One more thing, I had one switch and one router in between and I am not sure if that could have been causing the issue in the first place. I moved the computer right beside the Modem this time and then found your post.

Thanks again.

My Build is: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with i5-2500K. I am using onboard sound and graphic

I I had spend 3 to 4 hours every night for a week just to resolve Apple Store Unknown Error and your solution worked finally for me.

You're Welcome, thanks for the feedback.

I was down the same path, endless hours :beachball:, including fresh install, hopefully my mistakes and research will prevent others from having to go down the same path. I have only been in the hackintosh game for a few weeks. The great tools on this forum/website made it SO easy, little effort was needed to make it all work. Then I had the bright idea to upgrade to ML because of the new iCloud integration features with ML and iOS 6 and my ambition to develop some iDevice apps.

pmdsp1155 said:
If anyone is still not able to login to App Store check this video

Thanks for the video, this definitely should help some users.

----------------------------

If anyone has success stories or other fixes for the issues, please post them here, hope to have the thread be the last stop for anyone with this issue. I will post detailed instruction for randomizing a new serial number for smbios.plist later on when I have more time.

Thanks for your replay,

This is a fix for some, I believe this has to do with the order the network adapters were added and addressed.

For example.

Your system recognized your wifi adapter first and internally addressed it (en0).

Then it recognized your Built In Ethernet adapter and addressed it (en1).

Apple is special, they want the built in Ethernet adapter to be addressed (en0) or their servers won't talk to you.

Deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist clears the slate and usually the devices are re-added in the correct order.

I would imagine this issue happens more with our builds than a real MAC since the kexts for Ethernet are loaded after the installation, but I do see it effects real MACs as well.

I am making assumptions here based on bits and pieces I have found on other posts/forums, I do not have multiple adapters installed so I have not actually confirmed this first hand. Feel free to call me out on anything I posted in this comment.

No problem, I had to do this to get my hands on ML as SL would not let me in to the App Store. I think my problem was a Serial Port taking preference over the Ethernet.

Good Luck!!

Hi guys,

tried the above fix but as the other guy, I get a black screen when I reboot, tried many times; cannot understand what has to do the adding of those 2 lines with the graphics/video not appearing....weird.

a bit peed off about not being able to access the app store, hope somebody can help.

my ethernet is the same atheros; followed every step to the letter.

thanks

Asus p5e vm hdmi
e8400
500gb usb samsung(iomega)
4gb mem

I see you resolved the issue but here's another way I've been guided

navigate to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and then delete NetworkInterfaces.plist

:)

I didn't make any alterations except delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. After the reboot it was as good as gold.

do a fresh install without installing the sound drivers... u will get everything working...
I hope this helps...

All work now after multibeast 5.0.0 :D

Bor I wanted to tell ya.
I kept

NetworkInterfaces.plist found in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

and added
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>

and added org.chameleon.Boot.plist (I did not have this in this file.)

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Then everything worked. I then logged into icloud and app store fine with no errors.
Then I set <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>No</string>
and rebooted everything worked fine. You might try that if your still having an issue having it only listed for the ethernet

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back