Motherboard
Zebronics Zeb-H61
CPU
i5-3470S
Graphics
GT 730
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there fellas, I am new to the tonymacx86 community and I'd love to build a dual boot build but I have some very newbie doubts I thought I could get resolved on this brilliant community.

Here is my configuration first:

Motherboard: Zebronics Zeb-H61 (which supports the Intel H61 Chipset)

CPU: i5 3470s @ 3.60 GHz

GPU: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 4gb ddr3 ZONE Edition (Kepler)

Ram: Kingston 8GB ddr3

Current OS: Windows 10 LTSC (Long-Term-Servicing-Channel) 1809 build

HDD: Western Digital 1TB Blue (GPT Partition Table)

Monitor: Viewsonic 18" VA1931wma-LED (1366x768) (vga ಥ‿ಥ)

So, basically my plan is to install macOS first by formatting the disk and making a simple Clover installer on my brother's Macbook Air by following a guide on this website (the closest one I found is this) and then making a partition for Windows 10.

Here are my doubts regarding this whole idea:

1. Can I install macOS on top of the already installed Windows 10 by creating a partition?

2. Can I preserve my E: Disk on Windows which is a disk that I store all my valuable data in?

3. How is the multibeast boot menu going to look like, will I just have a drop-down menu for selecting macOS or Windows?

4. Which version of macOS should I install? I have read that Sierra and High Sierra can work on VGA monitors and I've also read that Mojave and Catalina MIGHT work too (I just want to run Logic Pro). I really need some advice on this bit.

5. I am very scared for this motherboard as there is literally nothing on the internet regarding this motherboard and Hackintoshes.

6. Is this entire thing even possible‽

I am very indebted to anyone who can solve these queries, thanks a lot.

Last edited:
So, basically my plan is to install macOS first by formatting the disk and making a simple Clover installer on a VM by following a guide on this website (the closest one I found is this) and then making a partition for Windows 10.
Did you read the Rules section yet ? https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/
You did agree to follow them when you signed up back in December 2020.

There are no guides here for making an installer in a VM here. It's a rules violation.
Doing so leads to a ban from this community.

Reading through the multibooting forum will answer most of your questions.

Last edited:

There are no guides here for making an installer in a VM here. It's a rules violation.

I am so sorry, I did not read the rules before posting. In that case I'll just use my older brother's MacBook Air for making the USB.

I am so sorry, I did not read the rules before posting. In that case I'll just use my older brother's MacBook Air for making the USB.
or you can use windows to create a recovery installer, guide in my signature

Hello there fellas, I am new to the tonymacx86 community and I'd love to build a dual boot build but I have some very newbie doubts I thought I could get resolved on this brilliant community.

Here is my configuration first:

Motherboard: Zebronics Zeb-H61 (which supports the Intel H61 Chipset)

CPU: i5 3470s @ 3.60 GHz

GPU: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 4gb ddr3 ZONE Edition (Kepler)

Ram: Kingston 8GB ddr3

Current OS: Windows 10 LTSC (Long-Term-Servicing-Channel) 1809 build

HDD: Western Digital 1TB Blue (GPT Partition Table)

Monitor: Viewsonic 18" VA1931wma-LED (1366x768) (vga ಥ‿ಥ)

So, basically my plan is to install macOS first by formatting the disk and making a simple Clover installer on my brother's Macbook Air by following a guide on this website (the closest one I found is this) and then making a partition for Windows 10.

Here are my doubts regarding this whole idea:

1. Can I install macOS on top of the already installed Windows 10 by creating a partition?

2. Can I preserve my E: Disk on Windows which is a disk that I store all my valuable data in?

3. How is the multibeast boot menu going to look like, will I just have a drop-down menu for selecting macOS or Windows?

4. Which version of macOS should I install? I have read that Sierra and High Sierra can work on VGA monitors and I've also read that Mojave and Catalina MIGHT work too (I just want to run Logic Pro). I really need some advice on this bit.

5. I am very scared for this motherboard as there is literally nothing on the internet regarding this motherboard and Hackintoshes.

6. Is this entire thing even possible‽

I am very indebted to anyone who can solve these queries, thanks a lot.

(1) The general recommendation is to install MacOS and Windows on separate disks. In case of problems it is easier to diagnose and recover from.

(2) Should be OK.

(4) MacOS no longer supports VGA connector. If your monitor only has a VGA port available, then consider using an adapter such as a DVI-to-VGA adapter (which your video card should have included, or you can get one cheap).

If your GT730 is based on Kepler (GK208) then it should be compatible with MacOS up to the latest Big Sur.

(5) Well, your motherboard may be a problem. The only thing to know whether it will work is to try. Perhaps you can check the BIOS options first to see if the required BIOS options in the MacOS Installation Guide are available.

(1) The general recommendation is to install MacOS and Windows on separate disks. In case of problems it is easier to diagnose and recover from.

(2) Should be OK.

(4) MacOS no longer supports VGA connector. If your monitor only has a VGA port available, then consider using an adapter such as a DVI-to-VGA adapter (which your video card should have included, or you can get one cheap).

If your GT730 is based on Kepler (GK208) then it should be compatible with MacOS up to the latest Big Sur.

(5) Well, your motherboard may be a problem. The only thing to know whether it will work is to try. Perhaps you can check the BIOS options first to see if the required BIOS options in the MacOS Installation Guide are available.
Thank you for answering, I did find the options in my motherboard and it looks exactly like the Intel H61 menu and I did find the options mentioned in the guides. I think I lost the DVI to VGA adapter that was in my graphics card box so I'll just buy anew one.

I think I'll first install Catalina then maybe upgrade it to Big Sur by following this guide.

Not sure about Zebronics, never heard of that brand, but I had nice system on Asus P8H61 so the chipset works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back