Contribute
Register

hp probook sleep issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
going to sleep on its own is not a problem but when I close it and it's plugged in it never goes to sleep even with the PleaseSleep app it still won't go to sleep but if its unplugged and i close it it will go to sleep like a normal laptop idk what the issue is

I thought the issue was that you were running various server tasks on the computer, and as Apple has designed the system, it won't go to sleep when these tasks are active (because the point of having a server is that the services are available all the time).

I don't know it the following helps, but I found that when I have an external HD attached via USB and the HD is off, that the 4530s crashes (KP) upon wake. So have you attached any accessories when experiencing the problem?

I have a problem with sleep since updating my system to 10.8.3 (well, my laptop does - not me). It just doesn't wakes up - black screen and no reaction.
Here's the pmset log:
Code:
[~]$ pmset -g assertions
17.03.2013 01:33:03 CET  
Assertion status system-wide:
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   UserIsActive                   0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   BackgroundTask                 1

Listed by owning process:
  pid 36(mds): [0x0000000c0000012f] 00:02:10 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.metadata.mds" 
  pid 167(helpd): [0x0000000c00000132] 00:01:56 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding" 

Kernel Assertions: 0x0004 
 * Kernel Assertion ID = 500
   Created At = 17.03.2013 01:30:39 CET  
   Modified At = 01.01.1970 01:00:00 CET  
   Owner ID = 0xffffff8011516800
   Level = 0
   Assertions Set = None (4)

* Kernel Assertion ID = 501
   Created At = 17.03.2013 01:30:40 CET  
   Modified At = 17.03.2013 01:39:33 CET  
   Owner ID = 0xffffff801133f000
   Level = 255

* Kernel Assertion ID = 502
   Created At = 17.03.2013 01:30:43 CET  
   Modified At = 17.03.2013 01:41:50 CET  
   Owner ID = 0xffffff80115a9000
   Level = 255

How can I get rid of those processes that keep it from waking up?

And, oh, no external usb drives connected.

I have a problem with sleep since updating my system to 10.8.3 (well, my laptop does - not me). It just doesn't wakes up - black screen and no reaction.
Here's the pmset log:
Code:
[~]$ pmset -g assertions
How can I get rid of those processes that keep it from waking up?

And, oh, no external usb drives connected.

'pmset -g assertions' tells you about processes that may keep the laptop from automatic sleep (these assertions are set by programs to keep the computer from sleeping, such that the tasks can be completed). It won't help diagnose issues on waking from sleep, because it is irrelevant.

Have you patched your own DSDT?

Yes, I do have my own patched DSDT using patches from your repository.

Yes, I do have my own patched DSDT using patches from your repository.

Any other details about your install that are outside what is presented in the guide?

If I was you, I would do a fresh install to see if the problem still happens...

I thought the issue was that you were running various server tasks on the computer, and as Apple has designed the system, it won't go to sleep when these tasks are active (because the point of having a server is that the services are available all the time).

ya the issue isn't that its not going to sleep. it is that its not going to sleep after i close it while plugged in (the screen goes off but the system and fan don't)

ya the issue isn't that its not going to sleep. it is that its not going to sleep after i close it while plugged in (the screen goes off but the system and fan don't)

Given the options you have selected, I think that makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back