Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

I'm using a Probook 4540s, HD4000. I wanted to confirm whether there is or isn't any way to get VGA working. Also, how does one get HDMI audio to work? I could switch to HDMI Sound Output in System Prefs, but it greyed out Volume controls and used the laptop output anyway.

HDMI audio should work on the 4540s provided you followed one of the guides for installing. There is no volume controls for HDMI audio in OS X.

No way to make VGA work. Use an HDMI->VGA adapter. Keep in mind Macs do not have VGA.

No way to make VGA work. Use an HDMI->VGA adapter. Keep in mind Macs do not have VGA.

but didn't vga work in mountain lion? i used it a year or so ago. oh well...

im guessing the cheapest fresh from china hdmi -> vga adapter on ebay wont work, so any recommendations? might not have to dual boot windows then as it's only use would be for me to be able to hold presentations in school through, using an VGA-projector which most classrooms have.

but didn't vga work in mountain lion? i wanna remember using vga a year or so ago.

eitherway, im guessing the cheapest fresh from china hdmi -> vga adapter on ebay wont work, so any recommendations? might not have to dual boot windows then as it's only use would be for me to be able to hold presentations in school through, using an VGA-projector which most classrooms have.

He used 4540s, you used 4330s. VGA works with your laptop, not his.

He used 4540s, you used 4330s. VGA works with your laptop, not his.

oh okay, i apologize then. guess i will need to sneak into the classrooms and see which ones work and which one doesn't, as the tv here at home didn't work with it for example.

but didn't vga work in mountain lion? i used it a year or so ago. oh well...

im guessing the cheapest fresh from china hdmi -> vga adapter on ebay wont work, so any recommendations? might not have to dual boot windows then as it's only use would be for me to be able to hold presentations in school through, using an VGA-projector which most classrooms have.

VGA always works on 4x30s except on SL. No VGA on 4x40s.

Hello everyone
few days ago I wrote in this forum about my 4330s,
the screen doesn't work, dead, I've found a hdmi
screen and everything worked perfectly.
the thing is I can't keep this screen, so I've found another one
with a vga plug, and it does not work >:) !
But you said it works with 4330s !
what could be the problem ??
thanks

Hello everyone
few days ago I wrote in this forum about my 4330s,
the screen doesn't work, dead, I've found a hdmi
screen and everything worked perfectly.
the thing is I can't keep this screen, so I've found another one
with a vga plug, and it does not work >:) !
But you said it works with 4330s !
what could be the problem ??
thanks

VGA works with HD3000, but you have to choose Detect Displays manually from SysPrefs->Displays.

i'm in syst pref , display , using a small hdmi screen , but i don't see a manually detect option ...

OK ! I can see the option now but when i press it nothing happened ...
I've checked the screen on another PC , it works , the cable is new ..
It's probably because there is already a screen connected , so it doesn't see the other one .
Or maybe you can't connect 2 displays (hdmi and vga) at the same time .
I've tried to detect in a "blind way " by disconnecting the 6" hdmi screen , reconnecting the vga , press otion and clic, but it didn't work .
Once again thanks for your support and your patience

Back