Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Ok, I will need some help to fix the sleep function on my 4740s notebook, it works but from time to time it doesn't :)

Weird issues when waking up, image freeze, not all usb work all of this is sleep/wake related

I have a Ivy Bridge i5 3520 and use it with HD4000

Still not sure if everyone else is having this issue . . . but would like it if someone helps me fix it once and for all.....

P.S. Anyone else experiences a memory usage increase in the latest 10.9.2 version ? ? ?

Thanks,

Ok, I will need some help to fix the sleep function on my 4740s notebook, it works but from time to time it doesn't :)

Weird issues when waking up, image freeze, not all usb work all of this is sleep/wake related

I have a Ivy Bridge i5 3520 and use it with HD4000

Still not sure if everyone else is having this issue . . . but would like it if someone helps me fix it once and for all.....

P.S. Anyone else experiences a memory usage increase in the latest 10.9.2 version ? ? ?

Thanks,

When was the last time you patched your DSDT?

You might want to follow the instructions in guide to re-patch, especially if it is not something you've kept up-to-date.

When was the last time you patched your DSDT?

You might want to follow the instructions in guide to re-patch, especially if it is not something you've kept up-to-date.

Hi, i frequently repatch my dsdt, also I always remove the old SSDT and DSDT before repatching and repatch it in safe mode. I also repatch every time a PBI new version is available, I do not think this could be the problem, I've also read other people having problem with the same 4740s, maybe the DSDT is not generated to work properly, just guessing ...

Anyone else has some opininonS?

Best regards,

Hi, i frequently repatch my dsdt, also I always remove the old SSDT and DSDT before repatching and repatch it in safe mode. I also repatch every time a PBI new version is available, I do not think this could be the problem, I've also read other people having problem with the same 4740s, maybe the DSDT is not generated to work properly, just guessing ...

Anyone else has some opininonS?

Best regards,

Repatching DSDT will not re-create SSDT.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Attachments

• x.ioreg
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
Here is my ioreg, i have 2 confirmed problems:

1. sleep wake issue

2. sound issues (from time to time headphones sound stop to work and i have to unplug and plug them again to continue the sound)

Thank you for helping

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is not loaded. Did you remove it?

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is not loaded. Did you remove it?

Not that i know of, is it included in the PBI? if not tell me a safe link so i can download it and include it manualy if u think this could solve the issue . . .

Btw as my memory serves me well this kext made a kernel panic after 10.9.2 upgrade on my notebook because of the new Haswell support, are u sure I need it on 4740s ? ? ?

This is what happened http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-panic-after-updating-maverikcs-10-9-2-a.html and as i know that is why I manually removed it

If u think this causes my sleep/wake issues than pls point me to a way so I can manually install a verified AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement so I do not get a kernel panic the next time I boot

10x

Not that i know of, is it included in the PBI? if not tell me a safe link so i can download it and include it manualy if u think this could solve the issue . . .

You can install a patched version (that will work) via Multibeast. It is not included in PBI although PBI will patch a vanilla version, if present.

To determine if it is present, but not loading (for some unkown reason):
- boot "-f"
- check bdmesg output for appleintelcpu
Code:
# in Terminal
bdmesg|grep -y appleintelcpu

Btw as my memory serves me well this kext made a kernel panic after 10.9.2 upgrade on my notebook because of the new Haswell support, are u sure I need it on 4740s ? ? ?

Nothing to do with Haswell support. Your CPU is Ivy. It is normal for vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to cause panic because your BIOS locks CPU MSR 0xE2. This is why it must be patched.

This is what happened http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-panic-after-updating-maverikcs-10-9-2-a.html and as i know that is why I manually removed it

Correct solution is to patch it, not remove it.

You can install a patched version (that will work) via Multibeast. It is not included in PBI although PBI will patch a vanilla version, if present.

To determine if it is present, but not loading (for some unkown reason):
- boot "-f"
- check bdmesg output for appleintelcpu
Code:
# in Terminal
bdmesg|grep -y appleintelcpu

Nothing to do with Haswell support. Your CPU is Ivy. It is normal for vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to cause panic because your BIOS locks CPU MSR 0xE2. This is why it must be patched.

Correct solution is to patch it, not remove it.

Ok, i Will try this, i will install it from multibeast and tell u if it is ok

10X

Back