Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

can i use my regular apple id/itunes account with mavericks running on probook's using this installer, or will apple ban it or something? bought a ton of stuff on the app store that i will wanna install, and it would suck if something bad would happen to my account.

Yes you can use it

okay, so i installed 10.9.2 on my 4330s now (not on the internal ssd though, on an external hdd since i havent received my usb wifi card yet). some questions:

1) when i closed the lid, it went to sleep, but then when i woke it up keyboard/trackpad didn't work. is this expected? sleeping through the Apple menu seems to work

2) i'm assuming RehabMans' voodoo ps2 (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller) is recommended installing. the installation guide states that you should remove some files. i couldn't find any of them, only AppleACPIPackage or something i think (not PS2Nub || PS2Controller). is this expected on 10.9.2? the guide also mentions this FakeSMC which i have no idea what it is, if there is something i should've read/done before reading this install guide let me know!

3) randomly trackpad and keyboard stops responding (this is after installing the thing above)

4) other 4330s tweaks i should do that aren't really listed anywhere?

as soon as i get the wifi usb card, if it works (D-link DWA-121 Nano), i am planning to dedicate the internal ssd to OSX.

okay, so i installed 10.9.2 on my 4330s now (not on the internal ssd though, on an external hdd since i havent received my usb wifi card yet). some questions:

1) when i closed the lid, it went to sleep, but then when i woke it up keyboard/trackpad didn't work. is this expected? sleeping through the Apple menu seems to work

2) i'm assuming RehabMans' voodoo ps2 (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller) is recommended installing. the installation guide states that you should remove some files. i couldn't find any of them, only AppleACPIPackage or something i think (not PS2Nub || PS2Controller). is this expected on 10.9.2? the guide also mentions this FakeSMC which i have no idea what it is, if there is something i should've read/done before reading this install guide let me know!

3) randomly trackpad and keyboard stops responding (this is after installing the thing above)

4) other 4330s tweaks i should do that aren't really listed anywhere?

as soon as i get the wifi usb card, if it works (D-link DWA-121 Nano), i am planning to dedicate the internal ssd to OSX.

Use the Probook Installer. It does it all for you.

didn't realize it was bundled with probook installer.

what is the most current up-to-date guide to follow when wanting to dual-boot windows 7 and osx?

i tried just creating the partitions in osx installer, then i installed windows 7. after that i installed osx mavericks and the probook installer, and after that (probably due to chameleon) the windows 7 partition cannot be found in there, even though osx disk utility sees it.

didn't realize it was bundled with probook installer.

what is the most current up-to-date guide to follow when wanting to dual-boot windows 7 and osx?

i tried just creating the partitions in osx installer, then i installed windows 7. after that i installed osx mavericks and the probook installer, and after that (probably due to chameleon) the windows 7 partition cannot be found in there, even though osx disk utility sees it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Hmm. The camera started to work in the application Photo Booth, but not in the FaceTime. Pretty strange.:think:

I'm using a Probook 4540s, HD4000. I wanted to confirm whether there is or isn't any way to get VGA working. Also, how does one get HDMI audio to work? I could switch to HDMI Sound Output in System Prefs, but it greyed out Volume controls and used the laptop output anyway.

RehabMan, and it is normal that the on/off button of laptop does not respond? Previously, she sent the laptop to sleep.

I'm using a Probook 4540s, HD4000. I wanted to confirm whether there is or isn't any way to get VGA working. Also, how does one get HDMI audio to work? I could switch to HDMI Sound Output in System Prefs, but it greyed out Volume controls and used the laptop output anyway.

Never work, use HDMI-to-VGA adapter.

RehabMan, and it is normal that the on/off button of laptop does not respond? Previously, she sent the laptop to sleep.

Hold it for 1s, new feature from 10.9.2

Back