Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Is the lack of bass in sound also a mac issue ? It seems the sound in windows has more treble and bass, in general richer sound . I have found third party solutions like Boom! but i'm hesitant to install it

I think it is likely an issue with the patching process for AppleHDA. Maybe some features of the audio chip don't end up getting used.

I think it is likely an issue with the patching process for AppleHDA. Maybe some features of the audio chip don't end up getting used.

I think 10.9.3 will solve all of the sound+graphics issues . . .

I think 10.9.3 will solve all of the sound+graphics issues . . .

Your crystal ball must be better than mine. Can you tell me which stocks will double in price tomorrow?

Your crystal ball must be better than mine. Can you tell me which stocks will double in price tomorrow?

LOL

The difference in sound between OS X and Windows is very noticable, but there is no clear documentation for applehda in Amp section, so it's the best we can get now. I'm afraid no update in future will enhance your audio.

If anyone's serious at sound, I suggest buying a DAC USB, it's much better than your audio chip and will not distort your sound.

LOL

The difference in sound between OS X and Windows is very noticable, but there is no clear documentation for applehda in Amp section, so it's the best we can get now. I'm afraid no update in future will enhance your audio.

If anyone's serious at sound, I suggest buying a DAC USB, it's much better than your audio chip and will not distort your sound.

The difference is that windows uses asio drivers for sound, and OSX is native sound and much better sound . . .

LOL

Yes i have dac usb and indeed sound is much better with it , although a bit weird to use it each time put headphones on ;)

It seems that this is a general issue with mac owners as well

Is the lack of bass in sound also a mac issue ? It seems the sound in windows has more treble and bass, in general richer sound . I have found third party solutions like Boom! but i'm hesitant to install it

I think your question is a bit too general.

I do a bit of audio work on OSX, in fact, its the reason Im on this forum and using my elite book.

I don't have any issues with audio provided the application Im using is setup correctly, ok, so the internal speakers of the laptop are tiny and poor, but I wouldn't even bother comparing that across different platforms, as its poor to start with.

For the most of my stuff I will use an external USB sound card, which as stated above will run on CORE drivers from OSX compared with ASIO on windows, CORE is better for that purpose alone.

But even when using the internal sound card, HDMI audio.. once I have an application setup to how I like it, no issues.

What applications are causing you trouble with sound quality, audio production? watching Movies? or just general sound and youtube etc?

*I guess just to add, Apple audio drivers will be set up for apple hardware, they know the limited number of speakers that will be used on OSX (putting aside hackintosh which they do not support obviously) windows drivers have to allow for many more hardware configurations so may well allow for higher volume gains...

I just had a little read about "Boom" it appears it will work to boost your volume, nothing else, so you may lose quality in that, but be aware, that any safety limits put in place with AppleHDA will be overridden, push it too high, and bye bye speakers / headphones.

Provided you can set boom to an acceptable limit, and not be tempted to "test" how loud it will go, you should be ok with it if nothing else works.

Don't forget to check each application for its own volume settings / equalisers etc first.

I think your question is a bit too general.

I do a bit of audio work on OSX, in fact, its the reason Im on this forum and using my elite book.

I don't have any issues with audio provided the application Im using is setup correctly, ok, so the internal speakers of the laptop are tiny and poor, but I wouldn't even bother comparing that across different platforms, as its poor to start with.

For the most of my stuff I will use an external USB sound card, which as stated above will run on CORE drivers from OSX compared with ASIO on windows, CORE is better for that purpose alone.

But even when using the internal sound card, HDMI audio.. once I have an application setup to how I like it, no issues.

What applications are causing you trouble with sound quality, audio production? watching Movies? or just general sound and youtube etc?

*I guess just to add, Apple audio drivers will be set up for apple hardware, they know the limited number of speakers that will be used on OSX (putting aside hackintosh which they do not support obviously) windows drivers have to allow for many more hardware configurations so may well allow for higher volume gains...

I just had a little read about "Boom" it appears it will work to boost your volume, nothing else, so you may lose quality in that, but be aware, that any safety limits put in place with AppleHDA will be overridden, push it too high, and bye bye speakers / headphones.

Provided you can set boom to an acceptable limit, and not be tempted to "test" how loud it will go, you should be ok with it if nothing else works.

Don't forget to check each application for its own volume settings / equalisers etc first.

Ok I am a audiophile myself and my sound issues are like this:

1. random sound diconections on hackintosh sound when using headphones (returns if u manualy unplug and plug the jack in) still not sure if skype is making this

2. audio 2 dj usb sound card random crackle sounds when using traktor pro (it is not related to the latency settings)

and last and wierdest when mixing with the hackintosh notebook sound card i have no crackle sounds at all and sound it much crispier...., but I do not think that the hardware of the device itself is better then the sound card made for exatcly for that purpose .

lol

Ok I am a audiophile myself and my sound issues are like this:

1. random sound diconections on hackintosh sound when using headphones (returns if u manualy unplug and plug the jack in) still not sure if skype is making this

2. audio 2 dj usb sound card random crackle sounds when using traktor pro (it is not related to the latency settings)

and last and wierdest when mixing with the hackintosh notebook sound card i have no crackle sounds at all and sound it much crispier...., but I do not think that the hardware of the device itself is better then the sound card made for exatcly for that purpose .

lol

Just updated to 10.9.3, PBI is still valid, no need to modify it

Use multibeast for CPUPOWER fix

Have fun

Back