Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Hello guys. I was reading your discussion about Clover versus Chameleon. I am adventurous but I do not know how to proceed. What would be your recommendation, to do a fresh install or to do the migration?

Hello guys. I was reading your discussion about Clover versus Chameleon. I am adventurous but I do not know how to proceed. What would be your recommendation, to do a fresh install or to do the migration?

Migration or fresh install are almost the same result. Difference is with a fresh install you get a recovery partition (usefulness is debatable).

So you "know" my guide is not as perfect, without a try? :think:

Also, there are no "old" guide and "new" guide. Both are written at the same time, only using different bootloaders.

Ok I just moved to Clover because I wanted to :)

I was able for the fist time to enable my AMD Radeon HD 7650M Series graphic card, but my question is how can I use it now?

As I see there are no displays attached to it so it is like it is inactive, is there any point in instaling the rom for our ati cards....

If i am able somehow (do not know how to switch to use it) able to make my much poverfull ati card as primary and use it I think that Clover has the advantage . . .

Pls help me use it, in attach is a picture that i installed it correctly. . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 15.30.50.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 15.30.50.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 176

I used the migrate from chameleon to clover guide and managed to succeed

Ok I just moved to Clover because I wanted to :)I was able for the fist time to enable my AMD Radeon HD 7650M Series graphic card, but my question is how can I use it now?As I see there are no displays attached to it so it is like it is inactive, is there any point in instaling the rom for our ati cards....If i am able somehow (do not know how to switch to use it) able to make my much poverfull ati card as primary and use it I think that Clover has the advantage . . .Pls help me use it, in attach is a picture that i installed it correctly. . .
How did you manage to enable it?

Ok I just moved to Clover because I wanted to :)

I was able for the fist time to enable my AMD Radeon HD 7650M Series graphic card, but my question is how can I use it now?

As I see there are no displays attached to it so it is like it is inactive, is there any point in instaling the rom for our ati cards....

If i am able somehow (do not know how to switch to use it) able to make my much poverfull ati card as primary and use it I think that Clover has the advantage . . .

Pls help me use it, in attach is a picture that i installed it correctly. . .

No way to make it work... As noted 1000 times before, discrete graphics in a switched configuration does not work on hacks.

And the fact that it remains active indicates you didn't regenerate DSDT with the PBI Clover.

No way to make it work... As noted 1000 times before, discrete graphics in a switched configuration does not work on hacks.

And the fact that it remains active indicates you didn't regenerate DSDT with the PBI Clover.

Rehab man i do not understand you, what is the point than in installing the card itself, as u can see I managed to install it and from system profiler it gave e the correct vram and values . . .

I just to not know how to activate it and use it . . .

Can u pls help me regenerate the DSDT with clover and use it if needed because I am a noob on clover and used chameleon till now

10x

Rehab man i do not understand you, what is the point than in installing the card itself, as u can see I managed to install it and from system profiler it gave e the correct vram and values . . .

I just to not know how to activate it and use it . . .

Yes, it is a problem with switching to it. Real Macs have dedicated hardware for this (GMUX device), PCs do not.

Can u pls help me regenerate the DSDT with clover and use it if needed because I am a noob on clover and used chameleon till now

Boot without DSDT (remove it from EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched). Then regenerate via PBI Clover Edition.

Yes, it is a problem with switching to it. Real Macs have dedicated hardware for this (GMUX device), PCs do not.

Boot without DSDT (remove it from EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched). Then regenerate via PBI Clover Edition.

Did like u instructed, should I do the same process for SSDT ?

Did like u instructed, should I do the same process for SSDT ?

My understanding is that Clover Edition PBI will create all necessary patched SSDTs/DSDT to disable Radeon. Test it and see what you have in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

CPU SSDT is a separate matter as that is CPU related. If you already have a CPU SSDT that is working (and installed to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched), you can continue to use it.

Back