Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

hello i have the following problem:

i followed the guide an was able to create a fully working system.
Since i did so many changes during the install process i figured i will do a clean install on a new SSD.

I installed yosemite than clover and copied the EFi folder from my working SSD over to the new one.

Well the new install hangs at the apple Logo on boot.
The new SSD will start with the USB pen drive with no problems.
MY old SSD install will boot up fine when plugged in.

Are there any changes to the EFi system i need to do?

Is it possibel to just copy the old SSD to the new one (using carbon cloner)
Actually i tried and did not work. I copied the SSD , formated EFI pation on the cloned drive installed clover new,
but SSD did not boot hang again on apple logo.

Any ideas ???

Thanks.

I figured out a fix to my shutdown/reboot problem. Go into Clover Configurator then to Graphics and make sure "Inject Nvidia" is checked.

In my previous post I did explain my system. In addition it may work on various types of systems. Thanks for your post.

From the rules:

• Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Saves people having to look back through your posts just to find your system. Look at everybody elses posts 90% have this info.

Thanks for the reminder. I thought I was actually helping myself and others by posting the solution I found for my own problem. Thanks for everyone's kind reminders.

Am I the only one having trouble downloading the HFSPlus.efi file? It's on step 2:

" 25. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi "

Safari says it fails to open the page because of too many redirects.
Any help would be appreciated

Am I the only one having trouble downloading the HFSPlus.efi file? It's on step 2:

" 25. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi "

I was wondering the same thing when I tried to download it.

I went here and downloaded a similar file called HFSPlus-64.efi. I'm not sure if its the same thing. If we can get some clarity that would be sweet!

Same here- does anyone know how to get a verified copy of this file? Oops never mind... thanks for the link!

Does it works for Lenovo yoga 2 Pro?

I did everything twice, but when it loads from the USB, I can't see the option to "INSTALL OS X Yosemite"

IMG_0067.JPGIMG_0068.JPGIMG_0069.JPG

Back