Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Okay, here's my system:

i5-2500k cpu
GA-Z77M-D3H mobo
12gb ram

I'm running this on a 46" Samsung led tv using the onboard intel 3000 graphics and hdmi audio.

So far I've managed to get Atheros lan working ok. No HDMI audio. My desktop is shifted to the left, obscuring the Apple menu. Mouse movement and icon behaviour is a bit glitchy so I am thinking the video driver isn't installed. I've downloaded the configurator but I'll be darned if I can work that bad boy out.

Any help with this would be useful. If not, I'll jump back to Chimera again. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've found this thread very interesting and helpful, but have not had luck with my system.

I have the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0) motherboard with Yosemite installed on a GUID partition and have been trying to get Clover to work for many weeks. I only have time sporadically so I haven’t had the chance to expend a continuous 10 hours on banging my head against it, but I keep coming back to it because I REALLY want iMessages/Facetime/iPhone call support.

Can anyone summarise the key points necessary to get this motherboard working with Clover? I have a suspicion that it is simply impossible with a GUID formatted system and a legacy BIOS and that I need to figure out how to install Yosemite with MBR instead and then start banging my head against it from scratch.

Please feel free to make your answers as complicated as necessary. No need to dumb it down. I just need the missing links for my particular motherboard.

Question to CSM support enable/disable

I have my system up and running well.

I need to disable CSM support in Bios F14 on by GA-77x-UD5h board to make USB work after sleep.

But by selecting this the system boots up without showing the bios screen or the clover boot option screen.
Also with CSM support disabled i can not boot in my separate windows HDD.

Is there a workaround or fix for this. What does the CSM support do anyway ?

Any ideas.

Thanks

why does the "Set XMP Detect" needs to be set to no when using Clover configurator to edit plist? With XMP off, my RAM speed values are stuck at 1333Mhz....

I tried for a long time with this board (rev 1) and I got it to work by choosing "CloverEFI 64-bit BiosBlockIO" under the CloverEFI options. This is different than all the guides that tell your to use "CloverEFI 64-bits SATA".

Worth a shot if you have not tried it yet.

Edit - this is for Mihalski...guess I am not sure how to quote a previous users post.

why does the "Set XMP Detect" needs to be set to no when using Clover configurator to edit plist? With XMP off, my RAM speed values are stuck at 1333Mhz....

Set XMP to yes and the system will recognize the 1600 speed ...

Set XMP to yes and the system will recognize the 1600 speed ...

I already set XMP to profile 1 but in clover Yosemite it still detects 1333 Mhz. Previously unibeast or multibeast, it was 1866 Mhz...

I already set XMP to profile 1 but in clover Yosemite it still detects 1333 Mhz. Previously unibeast or multibeast, it was 1866 Mhz...

Do you have XMP set to Yes in config.plist?

Back