Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I've got this motherboard heres what i did

install with Unibeast but you will need to boot with -v -x then once your in the installer install Yosemite to hard drive or SSD once installed boot with -v -x then once at the desktop open up Multibeast and heres the settings i used once you've done that you will be able to boot from your hard drive or SSD normally then now you can migrate to clover

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 18.06.31.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 18.06.31.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 18.09.37.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 18.09.37.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 18.09.43.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 18.09.43.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 255
I've got this motherboard heres what i did
... then now you can migrate to clover
Thanks for the screenshots, jbamford. That really helps.

Thanks so much for all the work that went into this.

Do you know if having a dual boot with Windows 8.1 on the same SSD would make this not possible? I'd have to patch the installer to work on MBR, of course. Would that affect anything here at all?

I have strange glitch with clover boot loader. If I boot in Legacy mode booting wallpaper is my monitor default resolution(1920x1200) but if boot in UEFI mode booting wallpaper is about (1280x720).
Anyone have this glitch too? How to fix this?

I wrote here but no one want to answer ;/

Can I use this guide to update mavericks on my laptop? But my laptop is using chimera, so I was wondering if would it cause a problem?

Did you ever figure out a solution for this?

I'm having a bit of an issue with iMessaging and iCloud. Even after performing the steps that lexone laid out, (and doing a clean installation a second time for the heck of it) I can't sign in.

If I try to sign into iCloud from System Preferences it says: "You can't sign in at this time. Try signing in again."

iMessaging is a bit weirder. The first time I sign into iMessaging it actually acts like everything is okay. It asks me about my phone number and read receipts, but then if i try to message someone it acts like it isn't signed in. Going into the accounts menu reveals that it isn't signed in anymore. If I quit it and go back, it once again brings up the login screen.

Anytime after that first login attempt iMessaging says "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again.".

This happened during both the 1st and 2nd clean install, exactly the same way. I'm using the latest version of clover from source forge.

Any ideas?

I have always had FaceTime its the iMessage that don't work. I have donated a few hundred bucks to this site but I can save my money and go buy a used Mac Pro. It used to be fun when you making progress. Instructions are too misleading to follow. Gonna build a X99 system this winter.

I loaded a clean install of Yosemite but had no sound. I then used MultiBeast to load Realtek ALC898.

Before loading MultiBeast I could hit Shutdown and my CPU would shutdown like normal. After loading MultiBeast's ALC898 the Shutdown no longer shuts down but instead reboots. I then tried EvOreboot.kext in MultBeast and I still have a shutdown problem. I also went into the BIOS and made sure the Wake On Lan was set to Disabled but my Hackintosh still reboots when I hit Shutdown. Any help on this?

Z87X-UD5H
Intel i7-4770
Ballistix 4 x 8GB
EVGA GT 640
Crucial M4 128GB SSD

Tony,
I've installed OS X Yosemite via Unibeast and Multibeast tools (very simple to use, credits for you et all :D), with Chimera bootloader. It is possible in future that Clover bootloader can be a choice in Multibeast tool?

I have almost system totally functional, except iMessages in know issue of authentication. It is possible for my system to give me a step by step config Clover (i have Yosemite installed)? I'm a bit confused about if it possible to have two bootloaders (Clover+Chimera)...

Thanks,
LP

Hello, I've already installed Yosemite with Clover but I have a very big problem, I can't plug my HDD in to ports labeled on the board as GSATA 3_6, 3_7 which are the ports that give me 6GB/s. How can I fix it?. Is there any way to use this speed ports?.

Thanks!

My MOBO is a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

Back