Graphics
HD-3000 1366x768
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Attempting a fresh install of 10.10 with clover. I am currently running mavericks with chimera.

Motherboard is GA-Z68XP-UD3 with the most current UEFI bios installed.
i7-2600
GTX 680
32GB RAM

I have created the USB loader twice now following the steps in the 10.10 clover guide. Both times ending up stuck in the same place. I am able to boot into the clover drive and then select the Yosemite Installer. Once I launch it I get a black screen for about 15 seconds, then an apple logo on black for a while. Eventually a slow loading bar appears and gets to ~ 1/3 progress before this panic appears and restarts the machine.

Any recommendations for this?
I been trying and getting the basically the same results. My conclusion is it's impossible to install this os on the GA-Z68XP-UD3 MB

Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 560
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Over the last couple years I've tried many times to update my GA-Z68XP-UD3/Mavericks build to a higher Operating System with no luck. But had success last week as I was able to install Sierra. The install is super stable. Only issues is the semi-working iMessage/FaceTime and non-working native USB 3 ports which is bypassed with a USB 3 PCI card that works flawlessy. I suggest Sierra, not Yosemite is your best bet.
AutumnLoving if you like I can start a tread to help GA-Z68XP-UD3 owners?

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z170x-UD5-TH
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Over the last couple years I've tried many times to update my GA-Z68XP-UD3/Mavericks build to a higher Operating System with no luck. But had success last week as I was able to install Sierra. The install is super stable. Only issues is the semi-working iMessage/FaceTime and non-working native USB 3 ports which is bypassed with a USB 3 PCI card that works flawlessy. I suggest Sierra, not Yosemite is your best bet.
AutumnLoving if you like I can start a tread to help GA-Z68XP-UD3 owners?
USB3 - Have you tried to remap the ports via ioreg (RehabMan method)?
Regarding iMessage - have you tried this solution? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#post795297

Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 560
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
USB3 - Have you tried to remap the ports via ioreg (RehabMan method)?
Regarding iMessage - have you tried this solution? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#post795297
Thanks Quickshooter! I've just recently re-visited the above "Fix iMessage" link but haven't had too much time to try the fix.

No I haven't tried remapping the USB3 ports. Though it's something I'd like to look into. Right now I'm using this card: "Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 5-Port PCI Express Card and 15-Pin Power Connector, Mini PCI-E USB 3.0 Hub Controller Adapter, with Internal USB 3.0 20-PIN Connector - Expand Another Two USB 3.0 Ports" It has the 20-Pin adapter that's connected to the two front USB 3 ports of my Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower. Works flawlessly but would like to have everything working natively!

Thanks Again!

Motherboard
GA-Z170x-UD5-TH
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks Quickshooter! I've just recently re-visited the above "Fix iMessage" link but haven't had too much time to try the fix.

No I haven't tried remapping the USB3 ports. Though it's something I'd like to look into. Right now I'm using this card: "Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 5-Port PCI Express Card and 15-Pin Power Connector, Mini PCI-E USB 3.0 Hub Controller Adapter, with Internal USB 3.0 20-PIN Connector - Expand Another Two USB 3.0 Ports" It has the 20-Pin adapter that's connected to the two front USB 3 ports of my Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower. Works flawlessly but would like to have everything working natively!

Thanks Again!
No problem, here is the link if you want to try to remap the ports. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Also I am not sure whether you can use this fix for your Motherboard.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Nvidia GT 640
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey everyone!

I am not new to hackintosh builds and have been on here for years and have built a good number of hacks with out any issues.

I am stuck however. I had this same config working with Mavericks, but I can not get the Yosemite installer to boot no matter what.

I have tried with inject nvidia and without, with safe mode and with out, I have kext-dev-mode=1 in the config.plist. I even tried downloading both the basic config.plist attached in post 1 of this thread, as well as the Nvidia one and I get the same thing no matter what options I use.

I have done both using the create installer from the command line in the Install Yosemite.app contents and using Unibeast and it is still the same no matter what I do

My build is:
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
Intel I7 4770K
32GB Kingston Hyper X RAM
Nvidia GT 640

I have pulled my SSL "audio Card" and my UAD card as well and only have the Nvidia GT 640 installed. I have also tried with maxmem=8192 and maxmem=4096 and none of it works.

I either get to the grey screen with the spinning color wheel (with -v -f) or the grey screen with a mouse cursor (with the safe mode -x boot switch). I have uploaded several pics of the screens with -x and without -x. I have also tried with nvda_disable=1 and still the same thing.

Anyone experience this or have any thoughts?

Attachments

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Anyone experience this or have any thoughts?
Your image shows an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Nvidia GT 640
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android
Your image shows an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.
Thanks for that! I disabled the serial port in the BIOS, but I still have the same results.

I tried to check a few other things in the BIOS as well and it looks like VT-d is Enabled and you can't change it (it is gey'd out), I do have CPU Virtualization Disabled, though.

I also had disabled the Intel on board video in the BIOS, some time ago, and made sure that the PCIe is listed in the BIOS as the Default video output.

Any other thoughts, guys and gals?

Last edited:
Motherboard
P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0
CPU
Intel Core i3 3220
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1050
I hope someone will still reply.

I followed everything on this guide except I hade to choose ESP as it is the only option that makes my Laptop boot to the installer.

Booted the installer and got stuck to

p-state stepper error 18 at step 35 on cpu 2

Help please? My laptop is

SAMSUNG NP300E4A
Intel core i3 2350M
4gb DDR3
Intel HD3000

Thanks.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I hope someone will still reply.

I followed everything on this guide except I hade to choose ESP as it is the only option that makes my Laptop boot to the installer.

Booted the installer and got stuck to

p-state stepper error 18 at step 35 on cpu 2

Help please? My laptop is

SAMSUNG NP300E4A
Intel core i3 2350M
4gb DDR3
Intel HD3000

Thanks.
See the thread title - This is a guide for Desktops not a help thread for Laptops.
For help with your Laptop you should post in the appropriate Laptop Support forum.

Note : The usual cure for p-state stepper error 18 is to disable EIST in BIOS settings. YMMV