Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Where did you find the clover v2953?

Good question.
OTOH, there's a new version of Clover, 2999 :)

1 - got Clover to install OS X after days of twiddling config.plist
2 - no sound, made the edit to DSDT
3 - no iTunes, fixed the problem with ethernet device numbering
4 - fixed the Sid bug for my motherboard on the way to fixing iMessages
5 - re-install with updated clover and can't boot from usb

Back to square one, (well actually square 0 or -1). Still have to investigate the popping sound.

A lot of posts from people that can't get stuff to work.
I'm starting to feel that just maybe it's not a problem of people that can't follow instructions.

I'll try the new Clover and report back.

Hi,

I’ve just installed Yosemite (Clover) by using tonymacx86’s guide (thank you). I’m also using the same motherboard; Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH.

The Issues I’m having are; no audio, WiFi, Bluetooth and when it boots up, it shows the Clover Boot Manager and I have to hit return to boot into Yosemite. (is that normal?) I’ve also noticed in the bios, I need the boot drive to be the first drive as opposed to the traditional CD drive for it to boot. If not, I get the message stating the OS is missing. Other than that, it’s up and running and seems ok. Not sure what else to look for. I did not install a DSDT or an SSDT, not sure how to create them for clover, am I supposed to use MultiBeast on this Clover install?

Noticed the spinning ball occurs a lot while navigating around in System Preferences, especially in "Internet Accounts" when I click on each of them to view them. Not sure why this is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Clover 2999 fails differently than 2953 with the tonymac standard config.plist on my hardware.
However, my edited config.plist that worked on 2953 also seems to work on 2999

Boot a few times and Happy New Year. (try it, you'll see :) )

Hi,

I’ve just installed Yosemite (Clover) by using tonymacx86’s guide (thank you). I’m also using the same motherboard; Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH.

The Issues I’m having are; no audio, WiFi, Bluetooth and when it boots up, it shows the Clover Boot Manager and I have to hit return to boot into Yosemite. (is that normal?) I’ve also noticed in the bios, I need the boot drive to be the first drive as opposed to the traditional CD drive for it to boot. If not, I get the message stating the OS is missing. Other than that, it’s up and running and seems ok. Not sure what else to look for. I did not install a DSDT or an SSDT, not sure how to create them for clover, am I supposed to use MultiBeast on this Clover install?

Noticed the spinning ball occurs a lot while navigating around in System Preferences, especially in "Internet Accounts" when I click on each of them to view them. Not sure why this is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You do not need to worry about DSDT or SSDT unless you want legacy BIOS. Your board is UEFI and Clover plays nicely with it. Follow Tony's EFI instructions, but use legacy option, as Tony recommends, for Gigabyte 8 series boards on the USB drive. But then use EFI settings when installing Clover to Yosemite drive. Use (AppleIntelE1000e.kext) for internet. I used MultiBeast 7 to install ONLY the ALC898 audio driver AND optional EFI selection in the audio section. I would also recommend Clover V2953, as V2988 gave me nothing but grief. I also used fast-boot in BIOS.

Hope this Helps.

Good question.
OTOH, there's a new version of Clover, 2999 :)

1 - got Clover to install OS X after days of twiddling config.plist
2 - no sound, made the edit to DSDT
3 - no iTunes, fixed the problem with ethernet device numbering
4 - fixed the Sid bug for my motherboard on the way to fixing iMessages
5 - re-install with updated clover and can't boot from usb

Back to square one, (well actually square 0 or -1). Still have to investigate the popping sound.

A lot of posts from people that can't get stuff to work.
I'm starting to feel that just maybe it's not a problem of people that can't follow instructions.

Sorry so late to report back. We have the same board so I have had the same issues. As of now I fully working install. I edited the DSDT for audio 1 layout then used Toledos script to install: audio_realtekALC-100.command (maybe this will help with the popping sound your experiencing) I use Clover v2953 as i have no issues and see no reason to update. I had the sid issue, but generating a new random smuuid fixed the issue (i did have to generate a new serial as well).

I'm using Clover 2988

But when I get to the boot screen and hit "Continue" nothing happens... the screen goes black and just goes back to the same screen before I hit continue.

I have an Asus Q550LF:
Intel Core i7-4500U CPU
and an integrated Intel Graphics Card with automatic graphics switching to a Nvidia GT740M

I formatted my USB,
I used terminal to copy the install files to my USB,
Copied the clover settings from the tutorial...

If it helps, on my windows laptop, when I go to select my boot device there are two additional options: Sandisk USB and UEFI: Sandisk USB
Clicking the UEFI option does nothing, and when I click the other Sandisk USB option I get to that Clover bootscreen.

If I click into Boot Manager, there are two options: EFI Hard Drive and EFI DVD/CDROM. Please help!

I'm using Clover 2988

But when I get to the boot screen and hit "Continue" nothing happens... the screen goes black and just goes back to the same screen before I hit continue.

I have an Asus Q550LF:
Intel Core i7-4500U CPU
and an integrated Intel Graphics Card with automatic graphics switching to a Nvidia GT740M

I formatted my USB,
I used terminal to copy the install files to my USB,
Copied the clover settings from the tutorial...

If it helps, on my windows laptop, when I go to select my boot device there are two additional options: Sandisk USB and UEFI: Sandisk USB
Clicking the UEFI option does nothing, and when I click the other Sandisk USB option I get to that Clover bootscreen.

If I click into Boot Manager, there are two options: EFI Hard Drive and EFI DVD/CDROM. Please help!
Some people have had issues with the script in this guide making the installer. Try this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate...ick-installer-clover-osx-10-8-3-10-8-4-a.html

Attempting to use Clover to install Yosemite on a new SSD on a legacy Asus P5Q3 machine.

I have already used Unibest/multibeast to install Yosemite on this machine on a separate SSD.
I did not have an SSDT or DSDT and only added 3 or 4 kexts for my Ralink wireless, AD2000b Sound
and Marvel Yukon ethernet.

Everythig on the unibeast/multibeast configuration is working including imessage.

I now want to try a Clover install to a new SSD and have made some progress.

I've created the USB installer and selected legacy mode in clover and used the simple plist provided in the guide.

I can boot the USB installer and attempted install to a new SSD.

First attempt failed with an auto reboot so I rebooted the USB, selected verbose install and got
to the following last line: AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path forprovider

If I let the system sit for about 5 minutes the apple logo comes up with a progress bar and spinning ball but no progress.

I can't seem to get the installer to complete.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

When I install Yosemite from my USB, I only see my usb, and not my internal drive, or SSD.
What am I doing wrong, use last clover.
Help Please

Greywolfrio

Are you using Clover or UNibeast?

Back