Gigabyte R9-280X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Editing config.plist file for USB:

Pre-requisites:
  • One of the downloaded config.plist files (start with Standard one)
  • View attachment 109255
  • Clover Configurator (recommended version 2953 or later)

1. Download config.plist file
  2. Open Clover Configurator
    • File>Import Configuration>select downloaded config.plist
  3. Click Acpi (only if using DSDT, if no DSDT skip to Step 4.)
  4. Click Boot
    • Keep defaults and check box for kext-dev-mode=1
    • Remove "Default Boot Volume" text or replace with your boot volume name
    • Set XMP Detect to No
    • View attachment 108076
  5. Click Graphics
    • If using Intel IGFX/IGPU, accept the default (checked) otherwise uncheck "Inject Intel"
    • View attachment 108077
  6. Run iMessage_Debug and keep terminal window open
  7. Click Rt Variables in Clover Configurator
  8. Click SMBIOS
  9. Close Clover Configurator
  10. Place edited config file in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER directory

Trying to get my head around this, so exactly when do I do these steps? before installing, on the mac I'm using to setup the USB? or after I've booted up osx successfully via the USB?
thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Had a working Clover running on top of Chameleon install for the past year or so, was working on the windows side (dual boot) and when i went to go back into OSX 10 i cannot get past bios splash screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 131588

For what it's worth, the two times I've had this happen on Gigabyte boards (first a GA-Z97X-UD5H and then on a Z97N-WIFI), I have had to send them back to Gigabyte to get fixed. To be more precise, I had the UD5H fixed by Gigabyte after it hung on the logo screen, and now it's working fine; the Z97N-WIFI just starting malfunctioning this weekend, and I'm in the process of RMA'ing it with Gigabyte. Both boards had been working fine for about a month or so before this problem occurred.

But before you give up hope, try resetting the bios. There are instructions for that in the Gigabyte manual. If you are able to startup after resetting the bios, load optimized settings and go from there. If you can't get past the logo screen after resetting the bios, you may have a faulty motherboard.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 UD AC
CPU
i7 10700k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have everything works fine, but when I reboot or startup the PC the boot loader didn't select the OS X partition automatically and I have to select it manually.

How to fix this?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WFI
CPU
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Had a working Clover running on top of Chameleon install for the past year or so, was working on the windows side (dual boot) and when i went to go back into OSX 10 i cannot get past bios splash screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 131588

This is a slightly corrupted BIOS, one possible fix:- Power off -> remove the power cord from the p/c -> remove the CMOS battery -> remove the SATTA Cable from your hard drive -> Leave p/c in this state for 1/2 (30 seconds).

Replace CMOS battery -> Plug power cord back into P/C (still without SATTA Cable to Drive) -> Power up p/c and it should try to post with the error 'Missing Boot Drive' or something to that effect.

Power p/c off -> Reconnect SATTA Cable to drive and hopefully you can now boot into the BIOS and reconfigure to boot from OS X drive.

Failing this, it means your BIOS is corrupted and needs Reflashing (consult your M/B manual)
Good Luck.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Asus GTX 680 Top
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is a slightly corrupted BIOS, one possible fix:- Power off -> remove the power cord from the p/c -> remove the CMOS battery -> remove the SATTA Cable from your hard drive -> Leave p/c in this state for 1/2 (30 seconds).

Replace CMOS battery -> Plug power cord back into P/C (still without SATTA Cable to Drive) -> Power up p/c and it should try to post with the error 'Missing Boot Drive' or something to that effect.

Power p/c off -> Reconnect SATTA Cable to drive and hopefully you can now boot into the BIOS and reconfigure to boot from OS X drive.

Failing this, it means your BIOS is corrupted and needs Reflashing (consult your M/B manual)
Good Luck.

This worked for me! THANK YOU SIR!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SSC ACX 2.0
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi!

I would try to install Yosemite on a PC with Intel i7-4790K, a motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H with 16GB of RAM, video card EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SSC ACX 2.0 - 2GB. I followed the guide to the letter, for installation with Clover, but when I go to boot, seems to start regularly, but when the progress bar has not yet reached the half, the PC reboots! Any advice?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 14Z (L412Z)-Clover
CPU
I5 2450M/HM67
Graphics
HD 3000, 1366 x 768
I have followed this guide to the "T" and I'm starting to get really frustrated. I am not new to Hackintosh. Currently typing this from my my Destktop Hackintosh Mavericks installation. This is my first attempt at using Clover. I'm trying to get OSX Yosemite installed on my Dell XPS 14Z laptop. When I purchased this laptop a couple years back it made sure it had almost the exact same specs as the current Macbook pro at that time.

The issue that I am having is when I try to boot the installer, I get the Apple Logo, the bar loads about halfway, and then I get the dreaded Stop logo. The reason I am so frustrated is that I cannot even begin to troubleshoot this because I can't boot with the -v verbose flag to see where it's bombing at. When I boot from USB and get to the clover screen, I can go to Options and when I hit enter to select the Boot Flags option the computer freezes, mouse cursor and all. Any suggestions? I'm about at the point where I want to scrap the Clover install and just try using Unibeast.

I would prefer to use Clover over Chimera, but if I can't even get to the Mac OSX install screen......

Motherboard
Dell XPS 14Z (L412Z)-Clover
CPU
I5 2450M/HM67
Graphics
HD 3000, 1366 x 768
I managed to get the the OSX Installation completed. I had use Clover Configurator to enable -verbose mode on boot from my USB boot/installation drive.

I have been able to get Yosemite and Windows 7 x64 both installed onto my HDD and I can boot to both Operating Systems from the Clover boot menu of my USB installion media stick. The problem that I ran into is that Windows 7 refused to install after OSX was already installed. (It wanted to created it own 100 mb EFI partion and the beginning of the HDD, and it wouldn't do that once OSX was already installed on the drive and had it's own EFI partition). So now I know I need to install Clover to the EFI partition of my HDD to use that as my boot menu. Do I need to format the existing Windows EFI partion to Fat32, grow it to 300 mb (like the OSX EFI partition is) and then install Clover to it from within Yosemite?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
HD 4000, Asus R9 280X
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for all contribution from Clover and members!

Here is my attempt to share:

1. Try to add a Asus R9 280x OC 3G card to my build and change to Yosemite
2. First of all, DO NOT plug in the new graphics card. Follow the guide with standard plist with on board HD4000 graphics.
3. After installation, load ATI plist to EFI and plug in 280X graphics (need to change Bios disable Intel on board graphics and disable CSM)
4. Restart and found headphone no sound
5. Search in tony forum to find the fix for Realtek sound. Success.
6. Still on my way to fine tune the boot time and other stuffs (should be USB3.0, bootlog off, windows dual boot... etc)