Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Had a working Clover running on top of Chameleon install for the past year or so, was working on the windows side (dual boot) and when i went to go back into OSX 10 i cannot get past bios splash screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 131588

This is a slightly corrupted BIOS, one possible fix:- Power off -> remove the power cord from the p/c -> remove the CMOS battery -> remove the SATTA Cable from your hard drive -> Leave p/c in this state for 1/2 (30 seconds).

Replace CMOS battery -> Plug power cord back into P/C (still without SATTA Cable to Drive) -> Power up p/c and it should try to post with the error 'Missing Boot Drive' or something to that effect.

Power p/c off -> Reconnect SATTA Cable to drive and hopefully you can now boot into the BIOS and reconfigure to boot from OS X drive.

Failing this, it means your BIOS is corrupted and needs Reflashing (consult your M/B manual)
Good Luck.

This is a slightly corrupted BIOS, one possible fix:- Power off -> remove the power cord from the p/c -> remove the CMOS battery -> remove the SATTA Cable from your hard drive -> Leave p/c in this state for 1/2 (30 seconds).

Replace CMOS battery -> Plug power cord back into P/C (still without SATTA Cable to Drive) -> Power up p/c and it should try to post with the error 'Missing Boot Drive' or something to that effect.

Power p/c off -> Reconnect SATTA Cable to drive and hopefully you can now boot into the BIOS and reconfigure to boot from OS X drive.

Failing this, it means your BIOS is corrupted and needs Reflashing (consult your M/B manual)
Good Luck.

This worked for me! THANK YOU SIR!

Hi!

I would try to install Yosemite on a PC with Intel i7-4790K, a motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H with 16GB of RAM, video card EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SSC ACX 2.0 - 2GB. I followed the guide to the letter, for installation with Clover, but when I go to boot, seems to start regularly, but when the progress bar has not yet reached the half, the PC reboots! Any advice?

I have followed this guide to the "T" and I'm starting to get really frustrated. I am not new to Hackintosh. Currently typing this from my my Destktop Hackintosh Mavericks installation. This is my first attempt at using Clover. I'm trying to get OSX Yosemite installed on my Dell XPS 14Z laptop. When I purchased this laptop a couple years back it made sure it had almost the exact same specs as the current Macbook pro at that time.

The issue that I am having is when I try to boot the installer, I get the Apple Logo, the bar loads about halfway, and then I get the dreaded Stop logo. The reason I am so frustrated is that I cannot even begin to troubleshoot this because I can't boot with the -v verbose flag to see where it's bombing at. When I boot from USB and get to the clover screen, I can go to Options and when I hit enter to select the Boot Flags option the computer freezes, mouse cursor and all. Any suggestions? I'm about at the point where I want to scrap the Clover install and just try using Unibeast.

I would prefer to use Clover over Chimera, but if I can't even get to the Mac OSX install screen......

I managed to get the the OSX Installation completed. I had use Clover Configurator to enable -verbose mode on boot from my USB boot/installation drive.

I have been able to get Yosemite and Windows 7 x64 both installed onto my HDD and I can boot to both Operating Systems from the Clover boot menu of my USB installion media stick. The problem that I ran into is that Windows 7 refused to install after OSX was already installed. (It wanted to created it own 100 mb EFI partion and the beginning of the HDD, and it wouldn't do that once OSX was already installed on the drive and had it's own EFI partition). So now I know I need to install Clover to the EFI partition of my HDD to use that as my boot menu. Do I need to format the existing Windows EFI partion to Fat32, grow it to 300 mb (like the OSX EFI partition is) and then install Clover to it from within Yosemite?

Thanks for all contribution from Clover and members!

Here is my attempt to share:

1. Try to add a Asus R9 280x OC 3G card to my build and change to Yosemite
2. First of all, DO NOT plug in the new graphics card. Follow the guide with standard plist with on board HD4000 graphics.
3. After installation, load ATI plist to EFI and plug in 280X graphics (need to change Bios disable Intel on board graphics and disable CSM)
4. Restart and found headphone no sound
5. Search in tony forum to find the fix for Realtek sound. Success.
6. Still on my way to fine tune the boot time and other stuffs (should be USB3.0, bootlog off, windows dual boot... etc)

HELP for the settings i need to use for CLOVER in my laptop!

Here are my Laptop Specs: Asus G75VX
Ram-8GB
CPU - i7-3630QM
NVIDIA GTX 670MX
THe problem is i have installed hackintosh several times I am dual Booting it with win8.1 in a seaprate hardisk in EFI mode!
After installing yosemite i configured Clover , i tried Chameleon also But it dint work ,after i Restart my Laptop i does not boot or is seen in the bios.. Please tell me where i am going wrong or Some suggestions.

Im installing Clover and in the steps of Tony's guide it states:

7. When the installer asks you where to install, choose Yosemite, or your existing install.
8. Upon completion, system will restart a 1st time
9. Press the hotkey to choose boot device
10. Choose USB
11. When Clover boot screen is visible, choose Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite

The system will boot into the new drive, create the recovery partition, and complete the installation. Upon completion, system will restart a 2nd time.

7, installs fine then when the system restarts i boot from USB back into the 'Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite' but it just goes back to the installer step 7.

It feels like im simply reinstalling the osx back again... there isnt any obvious creation of recovery partition just asking me where i want to install Yosemite and another 18min installation

Is this normal?

viralweb1234 & Drsmoketto,

We're not telepathic...Please provide complete details in your Profile.

System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

Back