Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I had the web drivers installed for a little while, but it was when I had migrated from Unibeast to Clover. I haven't installed them since I did this complete vanilla install using Clover only.

Did using Nvidia web driver fix it for you?

Can you point me to the sourceforge post you found?

Okay, I got the shutdown/restart panics fixed, and didn't have to mess with any drivers. I changed my system def from MacPro3,1 to iMac12,2 and everything popped right into place. It even fixed my VMware networking problem. I crawled through the logs and traced it down to the apple nvidia driver, and found this post: Can't Restart/Shutdown Yosemite after EVGA GT740 Install. karlsome25's reply, points to the problem. From the pics of your panic, you may wish to look at your system def setting. I've used that MacPro3,1 def for quite sometime, but I guess Yosemite 10.10.2 doesn't care much for it.

Here's the post from Sourceforge Clover page you asked about: Reboot instead of shutdown with yosemite

I'll add edits to my previous post with the ultimate fix, in case anyone happens to land there.

Hope this helps!

Chief

Okay, I got the shutdown/restart panics fixed, and didn't have to mess with any drivers. I changed my system def from MacPro3,1 to iMac12,2 and everything popped right into place. It even fixed my VMware networking problem. I crawled through the logs and traced it down to the apple nvidia driver, and found this post: Can't Restart/Shutdown Yosemite after EVGA GT740 Install. karlsome25's reply, points to the problem. From the pics of your panic, you may wish to look at your system def setting. I've used that MacPro3,1 def for quite sometime, but I guess Yosemite 10.10.2 doesn't care much for it.

Here's the post from Sourceforge Clover page you asked about: Reboot instead of shutdown with yosemite

I'll add edits to my previous post with the ultimate fix, in case anyone happens to land there.

Hope this helps!

Chief

I've been using an iMac14,2 definition for over a week now because it closely matches my i7-4790k and Z97-A (iMac15,1 would match best, but it doesn't seem to work).

I will try the Nvidia Web drivers.

I also have "Inject NVIDIA" to 'false' in my config.plist. Do you have it set to 'true'?

Clover old 2988 work ok... not work the new 3142 (last v2k) and not work 3185 (the v2,3k)

Hello Friends

So I have with me MBR on an SSD with 4 partitions with hfs +

On the 1st partition Yosemite is 10.10.2 with Clover 2988 works flawlessly.

Now I wanted the new version 3142 (yes, the last V2k version) to sample and the 3185 (this v2.3K), and I also would like to know the differences between V2K and v2.3k.

These "new" versions do not boot the Yosemite, it is not even possible to only boot in verbose mode, after 4 rows white letters that pass through so fast that I can not read so fast, the computer starts again ,

What has changed in the new version?
Why 2988 will boot properly? and not the new versions?

Thanks for the help to maybe like in German ...
This text was translated by Google Translator DE to EN.

I've been using an iMac14,2 definition for over a week now because it closely matches my i7-4790k and Z97-A (iMac15,1 would match best, but it doesn't seem to work).

I will try the Nvidia Web drivers.

I also have "Inject NVIDIA" to 'false' in my config.plist. Do you have it set to 'true'?

Sorry for the delay, been laid up. Things went downhill after working fine for 2 days with no errors. No video signal over any port after boot up. Everything looked fine in recovery console, mounted EFI and all fine there. Pretty much the only reason I updated to Yosemite in the first place was for security updates, but today Apple released security updates for all versions back to ML, so I think I may move back to Mavericks.

I wasn't injecting anything in config.plist, was using the stock apple nvidia driver and everything was fine. All boxes were cleared in clover configurator.

In any case, not sure if/when I'll redo the machine, I'll think on it. I may re-enable the igfx move to the mobo's hdmi port so I can running, and then try the web drivers for the nvidia card b4 making the decision. Hope you are having better luck.

EDIT #1: Alright, moved back over to the IGFX and installed the Yosemite 10.10.2 web drivers. Luckily I hadn't applied the security update yet, so I had no problems with the installation. After the install, I shut down, moved back over to the HDMI on the GT 740SC, booted into Clover options and checked to ensure that nvda_drv=1 was added to the boot flags, and it was automatically added, and booted successfully with Yosemite 10.10.2 on HDMI. Only problem now is no HDMI Audio, but just ran an optical over to the stereo and I'm up and running. I guess the author of the kext is aware of lack of HDMI with the new web drivers. May be another way to fix it, but I'm fine right now with the optical and I'm tired of messing with it for now. On top of that, the system actually recognizes the card by name now. I've gone through a serious of shutdowns and restarts, all w/o error. We'll see if this lasts longer than the last time ;).

Hope this helps,

Chief

i am struggling here on my mothers install

using the clover config from the original post which injects Nvidia graphics... i have a bare 10.10 install and it boots fast on the SSD

I am can not get Ethernet to work at all - trying to inject the kext AtherosL1cEthernet.kext but it doesn't work as FakeSMC.kext is in the kext for 10.10 and must be working...

setup is

Z77 D3H
GT 620

any ideas???

just tried that and it doesn't load...

according to console -

...... atherosL1cEthernet.kext is in hash exception list, allowing to load

any ideas???

A bit of background before I get into the problem I face:

I originally had Yosemite installed with chameleon boot loader. Everything except for iMessage and FaceTime worked. I read that changing to Clover could fix that problem, so I did, and again everything apart from iMessage and FaceTime worked. I decided to do a fresh install of Yosemite using Clover, and after a bit of work, I got it working. Well, everything apart from my trackpad and keyboard. I have yet to try FaceTime. I think it's probably worth mentioning that on my laptop I have 3 USB ports, 2xUSB3.0 on the left hand side, and 1xUSB2.0 on the right hand side. As it stands, one of the USB3.0 works as well as the USB2.0 port. I'm not sure what information about my system I need to provide in order to receive help, so anyone who thinks they could be of help to me, please let me know the information that I need to provide. Thanks

EDIT: I've just noticed that my sound is not working either.

Back