Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-Z97X-ud3h is my board and using intel graphics and an intel i5 processor.

I installed el capitan including all beta updates. Everything is running very smoothly.

Have not run into any problems other than:

To boot I must have the clover usb installer connected to the usb drive.

Are there any detailed instruction as to installing the clover boot loader to the el capitan hard drive?

I do not want to mess up the installation since it is running so nicely.

Thanks

...To boot I must have the clover usb installer connected to the usb drive.

Are there any detailed instruction as to installing the clover boot loader to the el capitan hard drive?

I do not want to mess up the installation since it is running so nicely.

Thanks
Yes, I used tonymacx86's Clover Guide (see the original post in this thread). In that Guide, he states to perform the post installation using his Yosemite Clover Guide starting at Step 4, Post Installation.

I also used the latest version of Clover Configurator Vibrant (for 10.10+) to change my SysDef from iMac13,2 (Clover's best guess) to iMac14,2. My test system is Zippy (see my signature block).

Fantastic. Works great thanks for the information.

It booted right up all by itself.

Thanks again.

OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB terminal command error
plz help

Attachments

• Help.png
    Help.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 178
OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB terminal command error
plz help

Use quotes when paths/filenames have spaces.

Ive made the clover install USB several times and followed the directions precisely. The only drives that are plugged in when trying to boot off the USB is my blank SSD and the Clover USB.

I keep getting 'install a proper boot device" :banghead:

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Ive made the clover install USB several times and followed the directions precisely. The only drives that are plugged in when trying to boot off the USB is my blank SSD and the Clover USB.

I keep getting 'install a proper boot device" :banghead:

Any thoughts?

Use your BIOS hotkey to access BIOS boot menu (not the same as BIOS setup). Make sure UEFI boot is enabled, USB boot is enabled, secure boot is disabled. Refer to your motherboard manual for specifics.

Use your BIOS hotkey to access BIOS boot menu (not the same as BIOS setup). Make sure UEFI boot is enabled, USB boot is enabled, secure boot is disabled. Refer to your motherboard manual for specifics.

I am able to access the BIOS boot menu and select the USB; However it still says to install proper boot device. The motherboard manual isnt that big of a help as it does not label things as you have outlined.. UEFI booting seems to be enabled, secure boot only has 2 options, 'system' or 'cant remember' but I know it didn't have disable as an option, unless Im looking at the wrong thing. And I've never had any trouble booting off of a USB for all my other installs (clover or not). IDK what the issue is. :banghead:

I am able to access the BIOS boot menu and select the USB; However it still says to install proper boot device. The motherboard manual isnt that big of a help as it does not label things as you have outlined.. UEFI booting seems to be enabled, secure boot only has 2 options, 'system' or 'cant remember' but I know it didn't have disable as an option, unless Im looking at the wrong thing. And I've never had any trouble booting off of a USB for all my other installs (clover or not). IDK what the issue is. :banghead:

Are you certain you installed Clover to the USB. Also, some BIOS will not boot from a GPT USB. Some will not boot from an MBR USB. Try both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back