Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put the kext into the folder efi-clover-kext-10.11 but don't you worry about me RehabMan, I gave up. Many thanks for your support and your courtesy in replying me, I'll stay with Mavericks that works fast and stable, maybe when a Multibeast 10.11 will come up I'll retry......
Rob

I put the kext into the folder efi-clover-kext-10.11 but don't you worry about me RehabMan, I gave up. Many thanks for your support and your courtesy in replying me, I'll stay with Mavericks that works fast and stable, maybe when a Multibeast 10.11 will come up I'll retry......
Rob

Keep in mind... Clover kext injection is not working on later versions of 10.11.

Im going to attempt to update from just the app using the latest version of Clover. Gunna see what happens. :headbang: Clover version 3259

Added this to the top:

UPDATE: System security has changed in Public Beta 3+. Sample config.plists have been updated with SIP removal RtVariables. The latest version of Clover is required for kext injection to work.

:thumbup:

And added Intel HD 3000 and HD 4000 desktop sample config.plists to top post with explanations for each sample config.plist.

Sample config.plists:
Select the sample config.plist for your system.

config.plist Standard
For desktop systems with ATI/AMD Radeon HD 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx, R9 2xx, 3xx, NVIDIA GeForce 6xx, 7xx, 9xx, TITAN. Equivalent to Chimera/Chameleon GraphicsEnabler=No.

config plist - Inject Intel HD 3000, 4000, 4600
For desktop systems with Intel HD 3000, 4000 or 4600 graphics. Equivalent to Chimera IGPEnabler=Yes.

config plist - Inject NVIDIA
For desktop systems with older NVIDIA graphics cards such as GeForce 8xxx, 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 610, and 630. Equivalent to Chimera/Chameleon GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

config plist - Inject ATI
For desktop systems with older ATI graphics cards such as ATI Radeon 4xxx. Equivalent to Chimera/Chameleon GraphicsEnabler=Yes.​

Thanks TomHsiung, I am going to try another USB stick
my usb stick is 8GB size, but it may not really has enough size.

Keep in mind... Clover kext injection is not working on later versions of 10.11.

I've got it, still silent but up and running. I installed the system from a real Mac on external HD, then plugged that drive to my Hackintosh via eSata connection, installed Clover and now I can boot from 10.11 public beta2. Again, I'm still wrestling with audio kext(s) and the machine doesn't seem to accept any but it's fast and stable. :angel:

I didn't do my Z77-DS3H hack like that I'm using the same Bootloader for both Yosemite and EI Capitan i ran the app inside Yosemite and installed EI Capitan on a different drive works fine doing that my Audio works fine use Clover Audio injection. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 11890428_10200962897432639_4591860159521523855_o.jpg
    11890428_10200962897432639_4591860159521523855_o.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 213
I'm having a problem making my USB i put in terminal: sudo /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app --no interaction but keep getting no command found any ideas?

I'm having a problem making my USB i put in terminal: sudo /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app --no interaction but keep getting no command found any ideas?

you have space between directory name. use this command :

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/ --no interaction

i followed this guide and i have " can't match kernel. Any suggestion ?

Yeah I sorted it now got EI Capitan up and running I decided to just update from the app and it worked that way how ever I had do disable USB3 in the bios or I'd get a kernel panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back