Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
:think: Hmm? I put it in with spaces and it worked :think:

And Tony shows his command with a space :think: Guess now IDK?

The "--no" and "interaction" arguments you're providing are probably ignored... And you're probably getting some extra "interaction" when you use the tool.

It is definitely --nointeraction.

Note:
Code:
Speedy-OSX:~ RehabMan$ strings /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia |grep -y interaction
--nointeraction, Erase the disk pointed to by volume without prompting for confirmation.
nointeraction

Greeting:this is my first post on this site and i am needing some help with El Capitan. I have followed the instructions to the letter and i keep getting this Error while trying to create USB stick

Error (sudo: /Application/install: command not found)

Can someone help me solve this issue please, i really would like to have this done before the end of the 3-day weekend.
Thank you in advance

Greeting:this is my first post on this site and i am needing some help with El Capitan. I have followed the instructions to the letter and i keep getting this Error while trying to create USB stick

Can someone help me solve this issue please, i really would like to have this done before the end of the 3-day weekend.
Thank you in advance

You need to pay close attention - It's not /Application/install:

Thank you in advance

Look at post #98, There are two commands that will work. Also I would suggest you read this whole thread for info, regarding the creation of the USB Installer

I must be missing something. Built USB installer: format, run script to copy the install app, all OK.
Built version 3262 Clover with Glover Grower Pro, installed legacy to USB, replaced config.plist with standard config.plist from post #1.
Add FakeSMC, NullCPU and RTL8111 to kexts/10.11
Eject USB

Format a spare drive, shut down, swap out OS X drive, in goes blank formatted drive, boot from USB.
Boots goes just fine, black screen, white apple, white progress bar. Bar gets halfway across, disappears, Apple logo replaced by no entry circle.

What am I forgetting?
Note this same version of clover with custom config.plist I built worked fine to install Yosemite 10.10.5.

I had a problem where a copy of FakeSMC had to be in the 10.10 directory to make it through the 10.11 install. Or, as RehabMan pointed out, delete all the numbered directories and put the kexts in Other/. I'm not convinced it wasn't voodoo, but it's something to try. :)

Hi, just a note, there's a typo in the installer name for the GM install, and now you need to explicitely sudo it :

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app --no interaction

Code:
Install/OS\ X\ El\ Capitan
Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan

Hi, just a note, there's a typo in the installer name for the GM install, and now you need to explicitely sudo it :

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app --no interaction

Code:
Install/OS\ X\ El\ Capitan
Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan

thankyou this works :D

The terminal command in post #1 is missing the sudo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back