Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems my posts were moved to the developer beta section (which I don't have permission to view)? My question is about the public beta, I don't have a developer account. I linked the developer page because it has more specific info about beta 4
Beta 4 via app store https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/
Is there a better place to discuss this? I'm sure there are others wanting to get beta 4 working on their skylakes.
For those who didn't get to read the earlier posts, downloading beta 4 doesn't create a .app in /applications and instead prompts the user to restart

fayl1861,

Your posts were removed simply as they broke the Rules. This was because you linked Developer builds and your original post mentioned nothing of the Public Beta correct? until you edited it.
That said, this would be the place to discuss El Capitan public beta's. And those enrolled in the program will be happy to hear what you've posted.

fayl1861,

Your posts were removed simply as they broke the Rules. This was because you linked Developer builds and your original post mentioned nothing of the Public Beta correct? until you edited it.
That said, this would be the place to discuss El Capitan public beta's. And those enrolled in the program will be happy to hear what you've posted.

Ok, sorry for the confusion D:

Anyway, anyone have any insight into why the app store is no longer making a "Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app"? I've searched through and (surprisingly) haven't found anyone with a similar issue.

Ok, sorry for the confusion D:. Anyway, if anyone has any insight into why the app store is no longer making a "Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app"? I've searched through and (surprisingly) haven't found anyone with a similar issue.

No problem. I would say that running the App store update was just a patch update. Not an entire OS X installer update which you get if you downloaded the full install package from the Mac App Store. If you go into purchases in the MAS. You will see the public beta installer, release version GM (I see no reason for Apple to update this at all now). For enrolled public beta users the program will probably run this way for the future of OS X El Capitan. And the installers will be available once officially released.

Hi jbamford

Can you send me a breakdown of how you installed El Capitan on you computer? I have a similar build and my hackentosh has stopped working after installing a new graphics card.

Thanks in advance

Kiko

I have gotten everything installed and seems to work fine other than system will not boot without the USB drive used to start the build. Anyone have any ideas?
:banghead:

Kenneth

Last login: Sun Sep 4 00:01:55 on ttys000

Mac-Pro-Douglas:~ douglasdbr$ sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia--volume /Volumes/Clover --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --no interaction

Password:

sudo: /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia--volume: command not found

Mac-Pro-Douglas:~ douglasdbr$

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown dont
t understand this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back