Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you certain you installed Clover to the USB. Also, some BIOS will not boot from a GPT USB. Some will not boot from an MBR USB. Try both.

I got it working using MBR USB. However now Im having trouble getting ethernet to work. I have followed Tony's Clover guide for yosemite:

8. Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext

It does not appear to be working. Im really "green" with clover, so Im sure there is something Im missing.. Any tips while Im searching the forums would be great

I got it working using MBR USB. However now Im having trouble getting ethernet to work. I have followed Tony's Clover guide for yosemite:

8. Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext

It does not appear to be working. Im really "green" with clover, so Im sure there is something Im missing.. Any tips while Im searching the forums would be great
For El Capitan, you need to use:
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

The reference to use the Yosemite Post Install for Yosemite means to use the same procedures but use the appropriate El Capitan locations.

For El Capitan, you need to use:
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

The reference to use the Yosemite Post Install for Yosemite means to use the same procedures but use the appropriate El Capitan locations.

Duh o_O n3on!

Thanks Stork, "amazingly" somehow it works now:headbang:

I went through the same thing. Made about 5 attempts at creating a Clover usb installer and could never get it to boot to the os x installer page.

Wha t I finally did, and I hope this helps is when you get to the clover menu when you first start the usb drive, I went into "other" and change the 10.10.10 to 10.10.11 and that did it for me.

Worth a try.

I went through the same thing. Made about 5 attempts at creating a Clover usb installer and could never get it to boot to the os x installer page.

Wha t I finally did, and I hope this helps is when you get to the clover menu when you first start the usb drive, I went into "other" and change the 10.10.10 to 10.10.11 and that did it for me.

Worth a try.

I also have done the creation of USB drive for CloverBoot several times. Though I could reach the point that install the component of El Captian Beta components, it brough me the Yosemite screen even though it seems that the installtion of El Capitan has normaly completed.

So, I really would like to ask you about your suggestion in detail on following further items.
Q1: Pls show me the screen of "Cloverboot - other " menue since I have no idea what it is.
Q2: What does "the change the 10.10.10 to 10.10.11" make ?

Thanks in advance.

When I look at the instructions in the first post, in the terminal command to make the install USB, it seems to be missing the backslashes for all the spaces in the path to the installer (e.g. Install OS X ... instead of Install\ OS\ X\ ...) If that's what everybody is seeing, can someone update the first post to include them?

When I look at the instructions in the first post, in the terminal command to make the install USB, it seems to be missing the backslashes for all the spaces in the path to the installer (e.g. Install OS X ... instead of Install\ OS\ X\ ...) If that's what everybody is seeing, can someone update the first post to include them?

You are correct. The actual terminal command is (as noted on pg 7):

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/ --no interaction

You are correct. The actual terminal command is (as noted on pg 7):

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/ --no interaction

I like to use quotes... makes it more readable.

Code:
sudo "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia"  --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app" --nointeraction

Also, watch the spaces ("--no interaction" should be "--nointeraction").

I like to use quotes... makes it more readable.

Code:
sudo "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia"  --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta.app" --nointeraction

Also, watch the spaces ("--no interaction" should be "--nointeraction").

Copy/Paste error on my part.. Sorry

:think: Hmm? I put it in with spaces and it worked :think:

And Tony shows his command with a space :think: Guess now IDK?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back