Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

Here's a full EFI folder that'll get you going.
Still waiting for a solution for sound and nvidia web drivers, but you'll be able to boot with full resolution (just not acceleration)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eghsxmzig7w4l4w/High Sierra Full EFI.zip?dl=0

Appreciate you, Dr. Drum. Tried that out and no dice yet same error. Going to tweak a few things. Would you recommend the kext that worked before and the config.plist that worked for me before (in addition to yours)? Noticed 'Asus AICPUPM' clickApprecaite youed and I have a Gigabyte mainboard. Does that make a difference? Will try with it off and on.

What mainboard do you have this running on your side X79 by what make and model?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Will mac OS High Sierra, bring native support for Kalby Lake processors and 270 series boards? If this is the case then its not needed to use the 170 series with the 6 gen CPUs for a stable build right?

Appreciate you, Dr. Drum. Tried that out and no dice yet same error. Going to tweak a few things. Would you recommend the kext that worked before and the config.plist that worked for me before (in addition to yours)? Noticed 'Asus AICPUPM' clickApprecaite youed and I have a Gigabyte mainboard. Does that make a difference? Will try with it off and on.

What mainboard do you have this running on your side X79 by what make and model?

Thanks!

My MB is GA-X79-UD3. The DSDT that's in the EFI folder I shared is from GA-X79-UD5. I also have the same CPU as you.

Did you erase your EFI folder and replaced it with mine?

Perhaps you need to switch some kexsts from your build first, but the DSDT, SSDT and config.plist along with the drivers64UEFI folder should be left alone.

Alternatively, you can also try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2b1zz5yugthoy5/USB Boot - EFI.zip?dl=0
I got this from a guy with the same build as you and this is what I used to build my install USB. Later, I slowly stripped things away and brought some kexts from my Sierra build and experimented until I got the EFI folder I shared with you earlier.

Last edited:
Help needed please, tried to download but installer is only 14.5MB :banghead:. I don't know what's wrong with it.

If your Install macOS High Sierra Beta your downloaded is ok :
1/ Format your usb installer and name it USB
2/Public Beta Command: sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/ --volume /Volumes/USB/
3/ wait untill the end of the process 20 / 30 min
4/ install on the usb installer Clover 4097 (work for me)
5/ edit the config plist with the right bios version for 10.13 for your SMBIOS and also for your graphics - CPU ...
6/ add in clover / other and 13.13 ( you add the folder) the kexts : FakeSMC, Lan, audio , graphics ...
7/ create SSDT for your CPU with piker-alpha-sh and put it in ACPI/patched
8/ Put your DSDT.aml in ACPI/origin
it might work

Last edited:
If your Install macOS High Sierra Beta your downloaded is ok :
1/ Format your usb installer and name it USB
2/Public Beta Command: sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/ --volume /Volumes/USB/
3/ wait untill the end of the process 20 / 30 min
4/ install on the usb installer Clover 4097 (work for me)
5/ edit the config plist with the right bios version for 10.13 for your SMBIOS and also for your graphics - CPU ...
6/ add in clover / other and 13.13 ( you add the folder) the kexts : FakeSMC, Lan, audio , graphics ...
7/ create SSDT for your CPU with piker-alpha-sh and put it in ACPI/patched
8/ Put your DSDT.aml in ACPI/origin
it might work

Thanks man for your input. But the problem is, when I download finished within a minute, the size of installer inside /Applications is only 14.5MB. I think I supposed to get about 4.90GB, No? My question is how can I download Installer sized 4.90GB. Good hack:headbang:

I understand and perhaps your file install macOs is wrong. My Install macOS High Sierra Beta (public) is 5.19 GB

I understand and perhaps your file install macOs is wrong. My Install macOS High Sierra Beta (public) is 5.19 GB

Now I started the installer (14.5MB) and says about 52mins to remaining with installer. Don't know I could copy the installer before it restarts. How did you manage to get with 5,19Go. Seems like you are writing in French:headbang:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 14.45.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 14.45.10.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 425
Now I started the installer (14.5MB) and says about 52mins to remaining with installer. Don't know I could copy the installer before it restarts. How did you manage to get with 5,19Go. Seems like you are writing in French:headbang:

Sorry for my english.

The first relaese was about 5,26 Go and beta public is 5,19 Go : try to see the checksum for your install app.

Sorry for my english.

The first relaese was about 5,26 Go and beta public is 5,19 Go : try to see the checksum for your install app.

Sorry I didn't mean to say that. Your English is perfectly fine. I mentioned because I know little bit of French. Anyway How did you download the 5,19Go. Can you please write the procedures. Thanks

Back