Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp, it appears that the script audio_cloverALC-130.sh installs the realtekALC.kext file in the 10.13 kext folder of Clover automatically. There shouldn't be a need for users to do it manually. Also, it should be mentioned in the guide that when removing that specific audio method this file in the 10.13 folder should be removed as well.

You should use AppleALC anyway.. ;)

1.) Yup
2.) What do you mean by "The system is always resetting my settings"? What do you mean by system?

With system I mean my machine. And with resetting Settings I mean OS X. If I start OS X the Volume of my mic is very low as sound volume too. I set it to max. After a reboot the settings is low again. So I want that the system is saving my settings. (AFAIK this settings are read and write to NVRAM. But I don't know how to set correctly)

New iMacPro i9-7980XE CPU Benchmark Results

Many of you might ask which improvements can be seen from the last modifications and updates.

Thus, here are the new CPU related results:
  • Drop of temperatures by approx. 5 deg
  • -> First time slight overclocking of my i9-7980XE (4.4 Ghz -> 4.5GHz)
  • Increase of Geekbench CPU benchmark scores by approx. 3.250 Scores to 63.306 :headbang:
  • Increase of Cinebench CPU benchmark scores by approx. 230 Scores to 4.399 :headbang:

cpu-benchmarks.png

New iMacPro i9-7980XE CPU Benchmark Results

Many of you might ask which improvements can be seen from the last modifications and updates.

Thus, here are the new CPU related results:
  • Drop of temperatures by approx. 5 deg
  • -> First time slight overclocking of my i9-7980XE (4.4 Ghz -> 4.5GHz)
  • Increase of Geekbench CPU benchmark scores by approx. 3.250 Scores to 63.306 :headbang:
  • Increase of Cinebench CPU benchmark scores by approx. 230 Scores to 4.399 :headbang:
View attachment 305064

:(

New iMacPro Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti Waterforce EB 11GB Extreme Edition GPU Benchmark Results

Thus, here are the new GPU related results:
  • Increase of Geekbench OPENGL Scores from approx. 219.000 Scores to approx. 230.000 Scores :headbang:
  • Increase of Geekbench METAL 2 Scores from approx. 230.000 Scores to approx. 242.000 Scores :headbang:

graphicsbench.png

Why such face? You should sleep anyway once... ;):lol:

cant sleep! LOL and the sad face was because i mentioned the performance gain a few pages back.

Relocation memory random error is a problem. KGP use ANY additional PCIE cards ? This error appear when we use PCIE cards . No errors when PCIE slots are empty , of course with GPU graphic card.

You should use AppleALC anyway.. ;)

This method doesn't work for my board. I've tried the two of them (see below), numerous times.

Full guide is there: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/
Supported codecs: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

Rog Rampage VI Extreme is ALC1220 EDIT: Actually not, it uses ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220

1. ALC1220: 200 Series motherboards with 108 db SNR (device_id: 0x1168)
    • S1220A/Asus/ROG Strix Z2xx with 113 db SNR
  2. ALC1220S: premium 200 Series motherboards (device_id: 0x1220)
    • S1220/Asus/ROG Maximus IX ... with i2S output
    • 1220/Gigabyte/Z270X-... with 120 db SNR and Smart Headphone Amp
c.f. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/#post886744

[WORKS] -- 1. Patch Apple HDA

READ #3387 for the Rog Rampage VI Extreme motherboard

Basically it's only these steps:
- Set in clover Audio ID to 1 in the injection field (if you don't know it's ok, the audio_cloverALC-130.sh will do it)
- execute audio_cloverALC-130.sh
- Answer yes to all questions but make sure the choosen audio ID is 1

The script will place the kext patches automatically in your Clover configuration.
WARNING: THE SCRIPT WILL ALSO PLACE A realtekALC.kext IN YOUR 10.13 FOLDER OF CLOVER KEXTS!!!!!! MAKE SURE TO REMOVE IT IF YOU UNINSTALL THIS METHOD

[Doesn't work] -- 2. Don't patch Apple (make sure it's not patched) and use AppleALC.kext
# NO AUDIO DEVICES APPEAR IN SETTINGS

No matter what, no devices appear in the OSX settings panel

Regarding VoodooHDA

VoodooHDA works but crashes. Probably because of HDMI. Try to run Valley.app with sound, it should crash after a few seconds. Now run it without sound, it should work just fine. EDIT: This is not HDMI related

Last edited:
@kgp
You should delid the CPU and replace the Intel TIM with a good one , this will bring a temp drop 10°C and more. I am think about this, but I am not sure, because I will loose warranty...

By the way, check the temps from the mainboard VRM. I guess your cpu is even throttled. In Geekbench MultiCPU I get 61000 Points, but I "only" have the 7960X clocked to 3.9 GHz. So you should have more than your 63000. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back