Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show your benchmarks and do not just mention.. :lol: Come on.. :thumbup: Go ahead! :wave:

urs is still higher than mine....sorry, next time ill post screenshots when i discover things :p

Reactions: kgp
stock clock undervolted 7980xe delidded with thermal grizly as well as between the ran 5 benchmarks in a row. never peaked over 62* with an h115i closed loop. pretty happy with the results

Benchmarking under MacOS or Windows?

The install method by @toleda is the same. There is just static noise coming out of the audio jack. Only the method that patches Apple HDA kext brings devices in the System settings. When I plug my headphones it also detect that headphones are plugged. But no audio coming out, just static noise...

Possibly. I'll get in touch with @toleda, he will probably find what's wrong. VoodooHDA works (with bugs and crashes) so there is no reason his solution shouldn't work.

One question, did you backup the vanilla AppleHDA.kext before Clover patching?

You now that you have to reinstall the vanilla Apple HDA.kext in /S/L/E with the proper permissions for the other two methods?

I would never apply CloverAlC. AppleALC is definitely the easiest approach to be implemented .

stock clock undervolted 7980xe delidded with thermal grizly as well as between the ran 5 benchmarks in a row. never peaked over 62* with an h115i closed loop. pretty happy with the results

You use a i9-7980XE with a Corsair H115i??????? OmG....o_O:rolleyes:

It's a sabre chip, pretty good actually. The audio jack worked for me. Ofcourse something could have changed in 10.13.2

It's a sabre chip, pretty good actually. The audio jack worked for me. Ofcourse something could have changed in 10.13.2

I don't think that anything changed under 10.13.2.. If one uses Lilukext v1.2.1 and AppleALC.kext v1.2.1, everything should work absolutely flawless!

@kgp At the moment 3200MHz @ CL14 (only 32GB). But tomorrow I get my new ordered 128 GB Corsair with 3000MHz @ CL14 (I know, a little slower but more memory)

P.S. The AppleALC Solution should always be the best one, because the Apple files staying untouched.

Yeah I think that's the best method anyway, but opinions differ.

@kgp At the moment 3200MHz @ CL14 (only 32GB). But tomorrow I get my new ordered 128 GB Corsair with 3000MHz @ CL14 (I know, a little slower but more memory)

Hmmm, surprising.. with your Geekbench scores I would expected something like 3600 Mhz RAM memory..

You have a delidded i9-7960X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back