Contribute
Register

How do i find out which Config.plist my system is using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help, for whatever reason mx mac is noe stuck in a loop where it automatically enters into bios setting during start, wh3n i exit it boots into bio again Only thing i change were the smbio to iMac Pro because of preview problems and installing lilu and whatevergreen kexts.

Hi there.

If you are saying you can no longer get to the Clover menu, just cycling BIOS... in the BIOS load the Safe Default Settings to clear any problems, then make the few changes needed by macOS - XHC Handoff - enabled, VT-d disabled, SuperIO - disabled (or just Serial disabled) if you have the setting. First Graphics PCI-e, iGPU set Auto.

If that doesn't work, short the jumper on your motherboard to clear CMOS.

If you still can't get to Clover then your main drive may be at fault ...

Dammit that did not work, what would you suggest now? Is all my data lost?

Dammit that did not work, what would you suggest now? Is all my data lost?

Sorry, not enough info to go on.

It seemed you changed the system-definition and everything went belly-up? No reason that on it's own would wreck so much. Something else must have happened.

If you have reset and reconfigured the BIOS correctly, then can you boot into your UniBeast USB installer?

If you can boot into the UniBeast installer, before actually proceeding go to the Tools menu and run Disk Utility / First Aid on the destination drive.

If, after that, you still see boot-loops into the BIOS, then maybe re-flash the BIOS.

Next test... Can you boot an other drive? Windows for example?

:)

I now changed all settings in the Bios after resetting the bios like it says in Step 3 here after i failed with the things you said i should change:

but still no success:( So still boots into the BIOS. I also do not have a USB Stick with Unibeast on it anymore. But at least i did a complease backup from my system yesterday on two seperate SSD Drives (one with CarbonCopy).
Any other suggestions?:((

I now changed all settings in the Bios after resetting the bios like it says in Step 3 here after i failed with the things you said i should change:

but still no success:( So still boots into the BIOS. I also do not have a USB Stick with Unibeast on it anymore. But at least i did a complease backup from my system yesterday on two seperate SSD Drives (one with CarbonCopy).
Any other suggestions?:((

Sorry, no. Because I still don't know enough about the propblem, only that your PC is cycling into BIOS on each boot.

Things you could do:

1) Remove the drive and connect it to another, working system to check if the drive is readable.

2) Reflash the BIOS

3) Make one of your CCC backups bootable but for that ...

Without a UniBeast USB installer drive you have no emergency "back door" into your system. You really do need to create a new one going forward...

Thank you soooo much for your help so far! I really do appreciate every single answer!
What else do you need to know about thr problem?
And is it enough if i go to a friend and download Unibeast onto a empty USB Drive?

If all that you really did was to change the SMBIOS then you should just change it back to whatever it was before.
In the Clover boot menu you should use the cursor arrow keys to go to options.
Clear whatever is currently listed and insert the details that you had before, just the name may be enough ie iMac14,2.

i cannot get to clover boot menu tho

There is more to this than you are telling us.
Simply changing the SMBIOS alone would not prevent Clover from running.
How did you change the SMBIOS ?
What exactly did you do ?

In order to recover this you will need a functional boot loader and USB is the easiest way.
You would have to download Clover and install it to the flash drive.

If you do this on your friend's machine then be very careful as installing Clover onto a real Mac can brick it.

Even if i just install clover on my friends mac without starting it? them drag it onto my thumb drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back