Contribute
Register

High Sierra UEFI Boot Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be. Remove the entry you just added

then look at the output of 'map' again
Yea looks like I did it to USB. Maybe FS2? but I have multiple drives in GTP should I remove them first? IMG_0204.jpg

I think you'll be safe with FS2
Yes! that seems to have worked thank you! Also looks like the graphics seem to be working properly on both screens now. IMG_0207.jpg
Although there is a few things not working like internet and sound. Heres what I installed:
IMG_0200.jpg

You'd better post in the audio and network forums for those.
Okay will do, Just one more thing is it normal to get the circle with cross through it when booting. It only does it now and then but would be nice for it not to happen. Not sure if its something to do with injectingnvidia or something. EDIT: Its actually happening a lot now :/ IMG_0208.jpg

Okay will do, Just one more thing is it normal to get the circle with cross through it when booting.
That symbol means root device not found. Can you upload a zipped copy of your efi/clover folder with themes removed?

Edit: Also looking at your motherboard, for maximum compatibility you should be using the Intel SATA ports. If possible disable ASMedia SATA and remove third-party AHCI/SATA kexts in your Multibeast configuration.

Asus Maximus VI Extreme SATA.png

Last edited:
That symbol means root device not found. Can you upload a zipped copy of your efi/clover folder with themes removed?

Edit: Also looking at your motherboard, for maximum compatibility you should be using the Intel SATA ports. If possible disable ASMedia SATA and remove third-party AHCI/SATA kexts in your Multibeast configuration.

View attachment 293015
Here you are, Ill remove those kexts now. CLOVER.zip

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 151
Here you are, Ill remove those kexts now. CLOVER.zip
Couple of things
  • Install FakeSMC to /efi/clover/kexts/other
  • When you get ethernet working, copy the correct kext to the same location
  • Use config.plist attached, using Clover SMBIOS defaults (2017, not 2013 for APFS compatibilty), permissive CSR flags
  • As mentioned in #16 use only Intel SATA, lynx point is natively supported

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 191
Couple of things
  • Install FakeSMC to /efi/clover/kexts/other
  • When you get ethernet working, copy the correct kext to the same location
  • Use config.plist attached, using Clover SMBIOS defaults (2017, not 2013 for APFS compatibilty), permissive CSR flags
  • As mentioned in #16 use only Intel SATA, lynx point is natively supported
Seems to have had no effect, its still doing it. Ive heard that turning off quick boot may work but can't find the setting in BIOS.
EDIT: It seems to have fixed my internet though!

Last edited:
Most firmwares will allow booting from internal drives using a file placed at /efi/boot/bootx64.efi hence that post refers specifically to booting from a single drive. Yours apparently does not. The Mac OS X entries are a vendor-specific device path (for real macs).

Use the EFI shell that comes with Clover.

lists potential filesystems. You need to find the EFI partition you installed Clover to.

to change to FS0: if that is the EFI partition

then

If booting from USB make sure you don't add the path to the USB Clover.

I know this is an old thread - but this fixed it when my BIOS lost my Catalina boot partition. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back