Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@pastrychef I just tried to make the BIOS changes per your posts above. I enabled my iGPU (previously disabled) and checked that PCIe was primary (it was). But I don't see any settings in the BIOS to change the memory allocated to the iGPU as per your post. I'm running latest Gigabyte firmware. You suggested these memory settings to @osd29 and he is running a Gigabyte MB also. Any idea why I don't have this option. I made the other Clover DEVICES changes you suggested and left the SMBIOS the same. Will test now to see if that did the trick. Will update here once done.
Check again. On my Asus motherboard, the option to adjust amount of RAM allocated to IGPU does not appear until after enabling IGPU and restarting.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
UPDATE: so it appears fixed. I changed the BIOS to enable the iGPU and updated the ig ID to be headless. Also removed the stolenmem property completely. The one last change I made after looking the config.plist that @pastrychef shared in this thread was to remove any reference to Shiki=. My previous setting was Shiki=40. I changed this to Shiki=4 based on prior research I was doing to get the iGPU working. But based on above I deleted it entirely. Any reason I still need that? Regardless, now both FCPX and iMovie are exporting properly. Thanks for all the help.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS GAMING 7-OP
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Thnx this fixed a couple of issues for me:
- Screen recordings are working now (the new shift-cmd-5)
- Quicktime screen recordings are working
- iMovie export file works (before it only worked on Quality: Best (ProRes))

Motherboard
Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 56
running Mojave 10.14.2. my fcpx share was working after watching bunch of youtube vids and also reading solution on this website. today i realised my fcpx couldn't export again and IGPU is enabled. am a full time youtuber this is the only editing software i know how to use can someone help me please am literally crying now. trying to export in H.264
I used @pastrychef config.plist it didn't work and i don't know if anything is wrong with my config.plist can someone help me please ASAP. this is my config.plist below and also my quicktime and quicklook. please help

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
running Mojave 10.14.2. my fcpx share was working after watching bunch of youtube vids and also reading solution on this website. today i realised my fcpx couldn't export again and IGPU is enabled. am a full time youtuber this is the only editing software i know how to use can someone help me please am literally crying now. trying to export in H.264
I used @pastrychef config.plist it didn't work and i don't know if anything is wrong with my config.plist can someone help me please ASAP. this is my config.plist below and also my quicktime and quicklook. please help
As per forum rules, please update your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU to make it easier for others to help you.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 56
As per forum rules, please update your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU to make it easier for others to help you.
i did, can you please help me now. Am a full time youtuber as per FCPX is the only video editor i know how to use and thats why i built an hackintosh

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
i did, can you please help me now. Am a full time youtuber as per FCPX is the only video editor i know how to use and thats why i built an hackintosh
I don't know where you got that config.plist, but I didn't make it.

Are you using Mojave?

If yes, you can get rid of:
  • config.plist > ACPI > Drop Tables > both SSDT ones. I don't know if you need the DMAR one, but I've never used it.
  • config.plsit > ACPI > FixMCFG
  • config.plist > Devices > Fake ID > IntelGFX
  • config.plist > Graphics > ig-platform-id
  • all those injections in config.plist > Graphics
  • config.plsit > KextsToPatch > AGDP fix
I see that you injected the power tables for your Vega in config.plist > Devices > Properties. I have now way to check if you did it right so I don't know if that's a cause of your problems. If you want to keep things simple, just use VGTab to create a kext and remove that property from your config.plist.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 56
"just use VGTab to create a kext" please what do you mean by this? and am about to remove them now hope my system don't crash

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 56
i did everything you asked me to do. i even pasted your config.plsit to my clover and deleted mine and it didn't still work and i did everything you asked me to delete this is my new config.plist and also i will add my efi folder so you can see if am missing or added something i shouldnt add. this are the files PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THIS TO WORK.

Attachments