Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
Android
Have you tried with IGPU enabled and with iMac18,3 system definition?
Hi Pastrychef,

So i'm having similar slow speeds issues since installing my Vega 56 Pulse. I purchased this in the hope of improving my fcpx performance.

Originally i had dual 270X which would get me a bruce x score of 30sec with a LuxMark speed of 15000 approx.

I then purchased a RX580 and didn't see substantial gains (BruceX - 22Sec, Luxmark still around 15000).

With my Vega 56 I am getting a great Luxmark score of 27000 but Bruce X is down to 35 Sec. Kinda wish i'd stuck with the RX580 as this is solely for FCPX use.

I have iGPU enabled but have heard people getting BruceX scores of less than 15sec with the VEGAs. What are your thoughts? I have followed the full guide using Hackintool on Luli and WG and have updated platform ID's and am running now running system definitions 18,3. If i use the correct 15,3 to match my CPU i get the problem of FCPX crashing and no H.264 exports.

Any thoughts, Would love to get better speeds on my VEGA 56? (EFI Attached)

Many Thanks,

Alex

Screenshot 2019-01-20 at 20.48.19.png

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Pastrychef,

So i'm having similar slow speeds issues since installing my Vega 56 Pulse. I purchased this in the hope of improving my fcpx performance.

Originally i had dual 270X which would get me a bruce x score of 30sec with a LuxMark speed of 15000 approx.

I then purchased a RX580 and didn't see substantial gains (BruceX - 22Sec, Luxmark still around 15000).

With my Vega 56 I am getting a great Luxmark score of 27000 but Bruce X is down to 35 Sec. Kinda wish i'd stuck with the RX580 as this is solely for FCPX use.

I have iGPU enabled but have heard people getting BruceX scores of less than 15sec with the VEGAs. What are your thoughts? I have followed the full guide using Hackintool on Luli and WG and have updated platform ID's and am running now running system definitions 18,3. If i use the correct 15,3 to match my CPU i get the problem of FCPX crashing and no H.264 exports.

Any thoughts, Would love to get better speeds on my VEGA 56? (EFI Attached)

Many Thanks,

Alex

View attachment 380849
Which hackintosh kexts do you have installed? Please show me what you have in /Library/Extensions/.

Please make a backup of your existing, working EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and try with this config.plist.

Also, please populate the fields in config.plist > SMBIOS.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
Android
Which hackintosh kexts do you have installed? Please show me what you have in /Library/Extensions/.

Please make a backup of your existing, working EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and try with this config.plist.

Also, please populate the fields in config.plist > SMBIOS.
Thanks Pastrychef,

I have now done as you have recommended with no avail. I'm still getting the same times on fcpx.

Please find latest config and screenshot attached.

any thoughts?

thanks

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks Pastrychef,

I have now done as you have recommended with no avail. I'm still getting the same times on fcpx.

Please find latest config and screenshot attached.

any thoughts?

thanks
Everything looks good. I don't see anything wrong.

I'm not a FCPX user so I don't know about its performance. Try doing some renders and see how it compares to your old setup. Sometimes, synthetic benchmarks don't tell the real story.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
Android
Lilu/WEG/AppleALC.kext are old and should be updated.
Thanks for your replys. Have updated now with still no luck. The performance is definitely worse than my older setup. Lost now what to try.....

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for your replys. Have updated now with still no luck. The performance is definitely worse than my older setup. Lost now what to try.....
I find that hard to believe especially when you state that your LuxMark scores are way better.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
Android
I find that hard to believe especially when you state that your LuxMark scores are way better.
Thanks for all the help. @jaymonkey seems to think it may have something to do with my SSDT hot patches and Clover ACPI fixes so will investigate these further and let you know if I have any luck.

Cheers,

Alex

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks for all the help. @jaymonkey seems to think it may have something to do with my SSDT hot patches and Clover ACPI fixes so will investigate these further and let you know if I have any luck.

Cheers,

Alex
Although I haven't had much Futher development on the patches and fixes I was actually wondering if this could be the issue I'm experiencing:

When I was using the RX580 or Dual 270Xs I had iGPU disabled- back then I had the better BruceX Benchmark.

Now with the VEGA56 I have to have iGPU enabled or FCPX crashes.

Could the reason for the slower BruceX score than expected the use of the VEGA 56 working with iGPU rather than independently? Bearing in mind that I'm using an older 4770K iGPU build compared to people's VEGA benchmarks of newer builds?

Motherboard
MSI H170A Gaming M3
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
iOS
Please can someone assist me with the following.

I have made a thread about this but thought this would be a better place to find help.

I am running Mojave on an i7 6700, MSI H170 Gaming M3, Asus Strix RX Vega 64. Everything seems to be running well and I have not had any issues up till now. This is my first attempt at exporting a .H264 file through Final Cut. When I do so I get an immediate fail as you can see in the attached image.
I have been reading up on people having this issue in the past, however I have had no luck with their solutions that they have posted.

Trying the change to iMac19.1 did not work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments