Register

High Sierra - RX Vega & Final Cut h.264 fix

Motherboard
Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 56
I don't know where you got that config.plist, but I didn't make it.

Are you using Mojave?

If yes, you can get rid of:
  • config.plist > ACPI > Drop Tables > both SSDT ones. I don't know if you need the DMAR one, but I've never used it.
  • config.plsit > ACPI > FixMCFG
  • config.plist > Devices > Fake ID > IntelGFX
  • config.plist > Graphics > ig-platform-id
  • all those injections in config.plist > Graphics
  • config.plsit > KextsToPatch > AGDP fix
I see that you injected the power tables for your Vega in config.plist > Devices > Properties. I have now way to check if you did it right so I don't know if that's a cause of your problems. If you want to keep things simple, just use VGTab to create a kext and remove that property from your config.plist.
can you send you your EFI folder too and see if that will help. i attached mine above and also my config.plsit

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
i did everything you asked me to do. i even pasted your config.plsit to my clover and deleted mine and it didn't still work and i did everything you asked me to delete this is my new config.plist and also i will add my efi folder so you can see if am missing or added something i shouldnt add. this are the files PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THIS TO WORK.
Try this.

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 56
i just put your EFI file in mine and deleted mine and it just froze my hackintosh in the apple loading screen. any help how i can boot back to my mac and replace yours with mine because i copied mine to my desktop.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Try this.
i just put your EFI file in mine and deleted mine and it just froze my hackintosh in the apple loading screen. any help how i can boot back to my mac and replace yours with mine because i copied mine to my desktop.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
can you also tell me how you installed your mojave. maybe i will just reinstall it using your method and just paste your EFI file and see if it works
Link to instructions to my Z370 build is in my signature below.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
that's not what i meant. I mean did you use clover or unibeast?
Clover.

Be careful with doing it yourself blindly. Your EFI was very messy with multiple Aptio fixes. I'm surprised you didn't have more problems.

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Clover.

Be careful with doing it yourself blindly. Your EFI was very messy with multiple Aptio fixes. I'm surprised you didn't have more problems.
I need your help ASAP please Pastry. Everything is working great now but after a while the mouse freezes and everything doesn't work unless i restart my system and after a while it does that again. Any fix please? i need this ASAP or any post you can direct me to and also whenever my hackintosh sleeps it doesn't wake unless i restart it too