Contribute
Register

High Sierra ROG Maximus X Hero - First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
An alternate method would be to install macOS on to your Samsung 850 EVO SSD using your real Mac. Then install Clover to that SSD and transplant the drive back to your Maximus X Hero.

Not entirely sure on how to do that. I ran the Install on the SSD and then put clover on it. However, the BIOS could see the Drive but I could not boot off of it. I ran Clover Clover_v2.4k_r4428 from the link that @bogdanw and @pastrychef shared. Nothing loaded.

EDIT: Also no EFI Partition is present with the above process.

I then ran the install and quit before restarting my computer and Ran Clover_v2.4k_r4411-UEFI-EmuNVR on the disk. Replacing the EFI folder with yours. I now get this screen.
IMG_1128.jpeg

Last edited:
Not entirely sure on how to do that. I ran the Install on the SSD and then put clover on it. However, the BIOS could see the Drive but I could not boot off of it. I ran Clover Clover_v2.4k_r4428 from the link that bogdanw shared. Nothing loaded.

I then ran the install and quit before restarting my computer and Ran Clover_v2.4k_r4411-UEFI-EmuNVR on the disk. Replacing the EFI folder with yours. I now get this screen.
View attachment 323664

I don't know why your drive is not showing up. Clover, macOS, and Disk Utility all seem to have problems seeing the drive.

Edit:
Have you tried using a different SATA port on the motherboard?

Edit:
Have you tried using a different SATA port on the motherboard?

Yes and still a no-go

I tested the SSD and it is fine as I can install the OS on my computer and boot from it. I have been able to get the build to boot from it after I installed the operating system and quit before restarting my computer and Ran Clover_v2.4k_r4411-UEFI-EmuNVR on the disk. Replacing the EFI folder with yours.

I've not played with Multibeast as of yet to install Clover.

Yes and still a no-go

I tested the SSD and it is fine as I can install the OS on my computer and boot from it. I have been able to get the build to boot from it after I installed the operating system and quit before restarting my computer and Ran Clover_v2.4k_r4411-UEFI-EmuNVR on the disk. Replacing the EFI folder with yours.

I've not played with Multibeast as of yet to install Clover.

I'm stumped. I have no idea why your SSD is not being seen. Do you have another drive to try?

You have three entries in the image, isn't the middle one the installed system?
View attachment 323652

Yes from when I installed High Siera on my MAC to the SSD. However, the Disk utility still did not see it from the USB install.

Update: I also clicked the center Icon with the apple and after it loaded I got a Circle with a slash through it.

Last edited:
Yes from when I installed High Siera on my MAC to the SSD. However, the Disk utility still did not see it from the USB install.
Have you tried booting from it? So, press F10 or F12 at first start screen, select UEFI USB, from the Clover menu select that second entry and hit enter. What happened?

Have you tried booting from it? So, press F10 or F12 at first start screen, select UEFI USB, from the Clover menu select that second entry and hit enter. What happened?
I clicked the center Icon with the apple and after it loaded I got a Circle with a slash through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back